Minimum Requirement to Apply
Good score in 4 subjects including Pengajian Am in the Malaysia Higher School Certificate Examinations (STPM). Mathematics T is required for application to Medicine, Engineering, Sciences and all Double Major in Economics programmes.
Medallists (Gold, Silver or Bronze) of International Science Olympiads Competitions in Biology (IBO), Chemistry (IChO), Physics (IPhO), Mathematics (IMO), Informatics (IOI), Astronomy (IAO) and Astronomy and Astrophysics (IOAA) will be considered for admission more favourably to programmes related to their field of achievement. Admission to programmes not closely related to the field of achievement will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Interview may be conducted before the decision of admissions is made.
To apply, you must be in the final year of your high school or already completed your high school.
English Language Requirements
A good pass in E1119 (Grade ‘A’) or CEFR (B2) or MUET/MUET in Demand (Band 5 taken before 2021 or 4.5 taken in 2021 or after) or IELTS/IELTS Indicator (a minimum Overall 6, writing 6) or TOEFL/TOEFL iBT® Special Home Edition (a minimum of 90 - iBT) or SAT (a minimum of 1250 for redesigned SAT) or Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic) (a minimum of 55) or ACT with Writing (a minimum of composite score of 30 in ACT with Writing in one sitting) or C1 Advanced (formerly known as Cambridge English Advanced (CAE)) is required for admission to non-Engineering/non-Science programmes, except Chinese programme. The same requirement is applicable to all programmes for scholarships application.
NTU Entrance Examination (NTU EE)
Eligible to apply for all programmes if fulfil the minimum subject requirements of the programmes. Arts stream STPM applicants are ineligible for any Engineering and most Science programmes.
1. Admission is highly competitive, especially for non-citizens, due to limited places available. The admission point varies from year to year and between different programmes. Meeting the minimum requirements to apply does not guarantee admission to any of the programmes in NTU.
2. The primary factor in admission decision is the high school academic performance. Decision will be made with actual results only. No provisional offer will be made with preliminary results.
This form is applicable only to students with Malaysia STPM Qualification.
If you are holding other qualifications, please click here to check on the correct application form that matches your high school qualification. Please note that your application may be treated as void if you use the wrong form.
This form may take you 15 minutes or more to fill in and it must be completed in English. Please get ready the following before you start your application as you have to submit it once started. The information you have entered in the application form cannot be saved and continue later.
- your passport / Identity Card number. Singaporeans / Singapore Permanent Residents to provide Singapore IC number.
- your home, postal address (in English) and phone number
- your educational results
- Overall STPM results (if available. Not required to provide results at application if results are not available yet. To provide within 3 days once results are available after application.)
- Malaysia SPM / E1119 results/ MUET (if applicable)
- University transcript (if applicable)
- TOEFL or SAT or IELTS or PTE Academic or ACT with Writing score sheet (if applicable)
You will receive an application number after your application is successfully submitted. Please login with the password you have created in the application form to pay the application fee and upload the required supporting documents. Your application cannot be processed until application fee and supporting documents are received.
The application is now OPEN.
Note: To establish your correct identity and facilitate processing of your application for admissions, your personal identification (NRIC for SG/SPR, FIN and/or Passport number for international students) is required