Students follow a prescribed course of study comprising several courses and undertake a project on which a dissertation will be written. For most programmes, the dissertation can be replaced by a few extra courses. The course of study involves formal
classes, lectures, tutorials, seminars, laboratory work and written examinations.
You need to have at least a good Bachelor degree.
If you are an existing final year undergraduate, you may apply for admission with provisional degree certificate and / or yearly examination results to date.
Required Test Score
For applicants whose native language is not English. The TOEFL/IELTS score is to be submitted with the application for admission. Test dates must be within 2 years or less from the date of application. Applicants without TOEFL/IELTS would still be eligible to apply, but they may be subjected to an interview/test if deemed necessary by the School.
The following online test scores are acceptable in view of Covid-19 pandemic. These test scores will also be applicable for AY2021 admissions.
- TOEFL iBT Special Home Edition
- TOEFL ITP Plus for China students
- IELTS Indicator
|Schools||Minimum Score Required|
|Nanyang Business School ||600 (paper-based)|
|Nanyang Technopreneurship Center|
|School of Biological Sciences|
|School of Civil & Environmental Engineering |
|School of Computer Science & Engineering |
|School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering |
|School of Material Science & Engineering|
|School of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering |
|Wee Kim Wee School of Communication & Information|
|Nanyang Centre for Public Administration |
(Min 5.5 for each skill module)
|School of Physical & Mathematical Sciences |
|School of Humanities||577 (paper-based)|
(Min 6.0 for each skill module)
|School of Art, Design & Media||600 (paper-based)|
|S. Rajaratnam School of International Studies|
|Programmes||Minimum Score Required|
|Master of Media & Communications||600 (paper-based)|
|M.Sc. (Applied Economics)||563 (paper-based)|
|M.Sc. (Applied Gerontology)||600 (paper-based)|
- IELTS is acceptable in lieu of TOEFL. Please refer to IELTS website for the required IELTS scores for different programmes. (under "IELTS Handbook" - "Interpretation of Results")
- Applicants without TOEFL/ IELTS, or do not meet the TOEFL/ IELTS requirements may still be considered for admission on case-by-case basis.
Application has to be done online.
Coursework programmes generally has one intake per year - August. To check specific application period, you may wish to check individual programme's application period.
Intake in August or January is subjected to the school’s selection and recommendation.
Programmes under Nanyang Business School (NBS) and National Institute of Education (NIE) have a separate application process. Do note that their application period may be different.
Supporting Documents For Application
You must upload electronic copies of your supporting documents to the application portal. Documents uploaded must be in English. Otherwise, they must be accompanied by certified translations in English language.
Application fee will be charged for each Coursework application. Payment can be made online before submitting application by VISA/Mastercard.
General Information on Supporting Documents
2. One recent passport-sized colour photograph
3. Valid TOEFL/IELTS/GRE/GMAT Scores
4.1. Degree Certificate
a. Original Language
4.2. Official Transcripts
a. Original Language
Note on Official Transcripts
5. Other Supporting documents (if applicable)
Notes on Application
- Application status will be updated after you have received the University's acknowledgement receipt of application.
- Please note that email enquiries on receipt of application and application status will not be entertained.
- Application results may take up to 4 months to release from the date of application