The Inclusion & Accessible Education team (I&AE) supports students with disabilities and special needs. I&AE also works with members of the NTU community providing consultation and advice on academic and non-academic matters.
Disabilities and special needs may include the following:
- Physical and Sensory Challenges (e.g. mobility challenges, hearing loss and vision loss)
- Social and Behavioural Challenges (e.g. ASD, ADHD)
- Learning and Language Challenges (e.g. dyslexia, dyscalculia)
Medical documentation and/or specialist assessment reports are required to verify disabilities or special needs. These assessments may be conducted internally at NTU or externally by third-party service providers. Students may need to bear the costs for such assessments.
Students with disabilities and special needs can approach I&AE for assistance to access services and support such as:
- Advice on transitioning into university and the workplace
- Academic and non-academic counselling
- Procurement and/or loan of assistive devices, including applications for NTU’s Special Educational Needs (SEN) Fund
- Examination and assessment accommodations
- Application for on-campus accommodation
- Dedicated accessible transport, on-campus, for students with mobility challenges
For inquiries and applications for services and SEN Fund, please email us at [email protected] or visit the following webpages for more details.