The Accessible Education Unit (AEU) supports students with disabilities and special needs. AEU works with members of the NTU community to provide consultation and advice on academic and non-academic matters.
Disabilities and special needs may include the following conditions:
- Physical and Sensory Difficulties (e.g. mobility challenges, hearing loss and vision loss)
- Social and Behavioural Difficulties (e.g. ASD, ADHD)
- Learning and Language Difficulties (e.g. dyslexia, dyscalculia)
Medical documentation and/or specialist assessment reports are required for verification of disabilities or special needs.
Students with disabilities and special needs can approach AEU for assistance to access services and support such as:
- Academic Assessment Accommodation
- Access to Facilities (e.g. ramps to LTs)
- Advisory on Assistive Technology Devices
- Industrial Attachment & Internship
- Special arrangement for Halls of Residence
- Special Education Needs (SEN) Fund
- Transition Support (e.g. mobility and orientation)
Students may be required to undergo assessments to ascertain appropriate support services. These assessments may be conducted internally at NTU or externally by third-party service providers. In such cases, students may need to bear the costs for such assessments.
For inquiries and applications for services and SEN Fund, please email us at email@example.com or visit the following webpages for more details.