- In the Times Higher Education (THE) World University Rankings (WUR) 2021/22 published in September 2021, NTU was ranked 46th position in the world and had climbed 128 places over the past 11 years.
- In the 19th ShanghaiRankings's Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU) 2021 released in August 2021, NTU was ranked 81st position globally, up by 10 places from last year. Its Highly Cited Researchers (HiCi) indicator score was ranked 20th position in the world, 2nd position in Asian order rank and continued to be ranked top in Singapore. NTU had jumped up by 109 places over the past 6 years.
- In the 10th Times Higher Education (THE) Young University Rankings released in June 2021, NTU is ranked No. 1 globally for the first time.
- In the 18th QS World University Rankings (WUR) published in June 2021, NTU moved up to 12th position globally and it continued to be the only young university to be ranked in Top 15 globally in the last 6 years. NTU continued to be ranked 1st position in Singapore in Normalized Citations per Faculty.
- In the 6th ShanghaiRanking's Global Ranking of Academic Subjects (GRAS) 2021 published in June 2021, NTU's Nanoscience & Nanotechnology subject continued to be ranked 1st position globally for five consecutive years. NTU had 10 subjects ranked in Top 10, up from 5 subjects in 2019. See table below for the NTU subjects that were ranked in the top 50:
|Subject||Subject rank 2021 ↓||Subject||Subject rank 2021↓|
|Nanoscience & Nanotechnology||1 (1)*||Civil||13 (5)*|
|Energy Science||2 (2)*||Chemical||16 (9)|
|Automation & Control||5 (1)*||Marine / Ocean||25 (15)|
|Communication||5 (1)*||Mechanical||32 (15)*|
|Telecommunication||6 (6)*||Biomedical||32 (15)|
|Instruments Science & Technology||6 (6)*||Mining & Mineral||36 (20)*|
|Electrical & Electronic||8 (2)*||Aerospace||37 (13)*|
|Computer Science||8 (2)*||Finance||37 (3)|
|Transportation Science||8 (7)*|
Library & Information Science
|Materials Science||9 (2)*||Metallurgical||46 (20)*|
|Chemistry||11 (2)*||Management||48 (7)|
|Note: ( ) refers to Asian order rank. * Refers To No. 1 in Singapore|
- In the 9th Times Higher Education (THE) Asian University Rankings (AUR) published in June 2021, NTU moved up to be among the top five. NTU continued to be ranked 1st position in Singapore in research citations per paper since 2014.
- In the 11th QS World University Rankings (WUR) by Subject published in March 2021, NTU’s Engineering & Technology was ranked 4th position in the world and 1st position in Asian order rank. Its Natural Sciences was ranked 14th position while its Social Sciences & Management was ranked 17th position. Its Arts & Humanities and Life Sciences & Medicine were ranked 6th and 13th position in Asian order rank respectively. For specific subjects ranking, NTU has a total of eight subjects ranked among the top ten in the world. NTU's Materials Science was ranked 1st position globally for the first time. It is followed by Electrical & Electronic (4th), Mechanical, Aeronautical & Manufacturing (5th), Communication & Media Studies (6th), Chemical (6th), Civil & Structural (7th), Chemistry (8th) and Education (9th). See tables below for the NTU subjects that were ranked in the top 50 globally:
QS WUR by Subject (Top 50) Broad subject rank 2021 Engineering & Technology 4 (1)* Natural Sciences 14 (3) Social Sciences & Management 17 (2) Arts & Humanities 41 (6) Note: ( ) Refers To Asian Order Rank. *Refers To No. 1 In Singapore. QS WUR By Subject - Specific Subject (Top 50) Subject Subject rank 2021 ↓ Subject Subject rank 2021 Materials Science 1 (1)* Physics & Astronomy 20 (4) Electrical & Electronic 4 (1)* Accounting & Finance 25 (5) Mechanical, Aeronautical & Manufacturing 5 (1)* Hospitality & Leisure Management 27 (3)* Communication & Media Studies 6 (1)* Psychology 27 (2) Chemical 6 (2) Linguistics 31 (5) Civil & Structural 7 (2) Politics & International Studies 31 (4) Chemistry 8 (2) Mathematics 31 (5) Education 9 (2)* Sport-related Subjects 32 (2)* Computer Science & Information Systems 12 (2) Biological Sciences 33 (6) Environmental Sciences 13 (3) Statistics & Operational Research 41 (6) Library & Information Management 18 (1)* Art & Design 43 (8) Business & Management Studies 20 (2) Economics & Econometrics 45 (6) Note: ( ) refers to Asian order rank. * Refers To No. 1 in Singapore.
In the Financial Times' (FT) Global MBA Ranking 2021 published in February 2021, NTU's Nanyang Business School was ranked 37th position in the world. The average weighted annual salary three years after graduation is US$134,213 with a salary increase of 107%.
In the global ranking of full-time Master in Business Administration (MBA) programmes published by The Economist (EIU) in January 2021, NTU's Nanyang Business School has maintained the rank of top business school in Singapore for the 15th consecutive years. NTU's overall rank has jumped up by 35 places to 38th position in the world. It was ranked 1st position in Asia.
In the 6th THE World's Most International Universities 2021 released in January 2021, NTU was ranked 9th position from 10th position last year.
In the 12th QS Asian University Rankings (AUR) released in November 2020, NTU was ranked 3rd position. Its research impact indicator, normalised citations per paper was ranked 1st position for fifth consecutive year.
In the 7th U.S. News Best Global Universities Rankings 2020/21 published in October 2020, NTU’s overall rank moved up five places to 38th position and remained 3rd position in Asian order rank. NTU's Material Science, Nanoscience & Nanotechnology and Energy & Fuels subjects were ranked 1st position globally. NTU had 8 subjects ranked in Top 10, up from 5 subjects in 2019. See table below for the NTU subjects that were ranked in the top 10 in the world:
U.S. News (Top 10) Subject Rank Materials Science 1 * Nanoscience & Nanotechnology 1 * Energy and Fuels 1 * Engineering 3 * Chemical Engineering 3 * Chemistry 4 * Electrical & Electronic 4 * Computer Science 7 *
Note: [ ] Refers To Asian Order Rank. * Refers To No. 1 In Singapore.
In the QS MBA ranking published in Sep 2020, Nanyang MBA jumped up 13 places to 30th position in rank. It was also ranked 2nd position in Asia for programmes offered by a single university. The Nanyang MBA is ranked highly for thought leadership (24th position) and diversity (29th) internationally. The programme's biggest improvements are in the Return on Investment and Employability indicators, which jumped 37 places and 10 places respectively to 44th and 39th positions. The Return on Investment indicator measures the average return on investment and payback period achieved by graduates, while the Employability score is based on employers' reputation and employment rate.
In the 10th QS World University Rankings (WUR) Top 50 Under 50 rankings published in June 2020, NTU continued to be ranked 1st position for seven consecutive years among the world’s young (under 50 years) universities.
- In the 3rd Times Higher Education (THE) Asia-Pacific University Rankings (APAC) released in February 2019, NTU ranked 7th position in Asia-Pacific region. NTU’s research Citations per Paper (CPP) and Industry Income indicator continued to be the top in Singapore.
In the Financial Times’ Global Executive MBA (EMBA) ranking published in October 2018, Nanyang Business School jumped up 12 places to 18th position in rank. It also ranked 2nd position in Asia and 1st position in Singapore for programmes offered by a single university. The average annual salary of Nanyang EMBA alumni increased from about US$250,000 last year to US$270,000 this year. The average annual salary of alumni over three years after graduation had a 51 per cent increase compared to the 35 per cent increase in 2017. In terms of career progress, it rose 9 places to 16th position globally and ranked first among local business schools.
In the 8th Times Higher Education (THE) World Reputation Rankings (WRR) released in May 2018, NTU has risen to the top 51-60 band from its previous ranking of the 81-90 band.
- In the 5th Nature Index published by Nature Publishing Group in 2017, NTU ranked 35th position in the world, 7th position in Asia and 1st position in Singapore. NTU’s Chemistry ranked 17th position in the world.
- In January 2017, NTU was ranked at the 5th most-cited university for engineering research output that was among the top nine universities globally in Engineering by Essential Science Indicators of Thomson Reuters.
In the 2016 Global Go To Think Tank rankings published by University of Pennsylvania’s Think Tanks and Civil Societies Programme (TTCSP) in January 2017, the NTU School's research centre, Institute of Defence and Strategic Studies (IDSS) ranked 36th position for the Best University Affiliated Think Tanks in the world and ranked 8th position in Asia order rank.
- In the Times Higher Education (THE) “The World’s Fastest Rising Young Universities” published in March 2015, NTU was ranked as number one with its meteoric rise of 108 places in the rankings in just four years. THE had shortlisted 15 universities which are less than 50 years old from its top 200 World University Rankings and measured their rise since 2011. NTU’s growing international reputation and its continued solid performance in terms of citations, teaching environment and research were the several key factors that led it to top spot.
- In the QS Stars rating system, NTU has continued to achieve the highest rating of Five Stars Plus in 2015 since 2012. 12 universities are awarded this highest rating and only two of them are Asian institutions. NTU had scored the maximum of five Stars each for all the categories, namely, Teaching, Employability, Research, Internationalisation, Facilities, Innovation, Inclusiveness and Specialist Criteria: Social Sciences & Management. The Specialist Criteria highlighted Social Sciences & Management to be also a dominant specialisation with many domestic and international accreditation in this field.