Alternative Housing Options
The University is located in the west of Singapore and nearby housing estates include Jurong West, Boon Lay, and Jurong East. Depending on your needs, there are various alternative housing options provided by private companies as well as homeowners.
When sourcing for housing:
- You should start searching at least two months before classes start, to give yourself enough time to find housing that meets your needs and budget.
- If you are currently based overseas, you should finalise your housing arrangements before your arrival in Singapore.
- Please be vigilant and carry out due diligence when considering places to rent, in order to avoid rental scams.
Home rentals in Singapore can be broadly categorised into
public housing [locally known as Housing & Development Board (HDB) flats], and private housing [usually referring to private condominiums and landed properties].
Before entering into a contract or placing a deposit, you may wish to familiarise yourselves with the eligibility conditions, guidelines, etc., for home rentals pertaining to each category of housing, as well as to consider engaging the services of a property agent if you require professional assistance.
Find out more from the following government websites:
- Renting Public Housing
- Renting Private Housing (e.g. private apartments, condominiums and landed homes)
- Resources for engaging the services of a property agent
Below are some resources for rental listings in Singapore:
- The main local English newspaper, The Straits Times, under the ST Classifieds (Properties) section.
- 99.co - https://www.99.co/singapore/rent/rooms
- iProperty.com.sg - https://www.iproperty.com.sg/rent
- Nestia - https://property.nestia.com
- PropertyGuru - https://www.propertyguru.com.sg/property-for-rent
- XACCO - https://www.xacco.co (To search for accommodation with XACCO, please provide some details here to begin the process)
The information and contacts provided above by the Office of Campus Housing (OCH) serve only as a guide and have been gathered in good faith. They do not represent any endorsement, guarantee, warranty, recommendation or business partnership between NTU and the organisations/agencies listed. Students are strongly advised to be vigilant and carry out due diligence, when considering places to rent.