Seize the opportunity to join us as a Visiting Research Student (Non-Graduating Non-Exchange) in NTU! Engage in research activities or discover new ideas at our state-of-the-art facilities under the direct supervision of our acclaimed faculty.
- Inbound students (undergraduate or postgraduate) must be active students from a reputable university, assessed and confirmed by NTU as student applicant.
- The intended research must be part of the student’s degree requirements and must be endorsed by their home university and approved by NTU.
- Students must hold a valid Students' Pass (STP) for the entire duration of research. The STP does not permit students to work and/or receive any type of allowance or stipend.
- Students are are required to pay administration, miscellaneous, and research fees to NTU.
- Students will conduct the research full-time for a duration of at least 3 full months and up to one year, preferably in accordance with NTU’s academic calendar.
- The weekly time commitment for full-time research must meet a minimum of 40 hours per week or 8 hours on a 5-day work week.
Students may refer to the Faculty Directory to identify a supervisor to explore their proposed research project.
All inbound students are required to pay the following fees to NTU:
Amount Inclusive of GST
|Application fee (one-time payment)||S$150|
|Fees chargeable per semester||Amount Inclusive of GST|
|Research fees (lab based) *||from S$2,250|
|Research fees (non-lab based) *||from S$1,850|
|Miscellaneous fees **|
* Fees are subject to changes without notice.
** Miscellaneous fees will be based on the semester rates according to start date of research.
|Payment type||Amount Inclusive of GST|
|Fees payable to ICA for Student’s Pass (STP) application :|
|Multiple journey visa (if applicable)||S$30|
Nanyang Technological University
Student and Academic Services Department
Office Global Education and Mobility
Student Services Centre, Level 1
42 Nanyang Avenue, Singapore 639815
Monday to Thursday: 8.30 a.m. to 5.45 p.m.
Friday: 8.30 a.m. to 5.15. p.m.
Closed on Saturdays, Sundays and Public Holidays