IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR APPLICANTS
New Closing Application Deadlines for International & Other qualifications for Academic year 2023. Below is a summary table for the affected qualifications.
|International & other Qualification||Application period|
American High School Diploma
|31 October 2022 |
21 February 2023
You must have completed at least 12 years of general education or will be taking High School national examinations in the year of application in order to be considered for admission.
Submission of IELTS++ (a minimum Overall 6, writing 6) or TOEFL++(a minimum of 90) or SAT (a minimum of 1250 for SAT taken for March 2016 onwards) or Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic) (a minimum of 55) or ACT with Writing (a minimum of composite score of 30 in ACT with Writing in one sitting) or AST English score or C1 Advanced (formerly known as Cambridge English Advanced (CAE)) are only compulsory for applicants
- with PRC Gao Kao qualification (i.e. applicants who will be taking Gao Kao in June 2023 and those who have already taken Gao Kao) OR
- with Taiwan General Scholastic Ability Test (GSAT) qualification OR
- with South Korean College Scholastic Ability Test (CSAT)/High School Diploma (Ilbankye Kodung Hakkyo) qualification OR
- with Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education Examination (HKDSE) OR
- with Vietnam High School Graduation Certificate OR
- with Thailand Mathayom 6 OR
- who do not take up English language in Junior and Senior High School or taken English language only as a 2nd language.
For IELTS, TOEFL and PTE Academic, only scores obtained in the 2 years leading up to the application deadline will be considered. The validity period for SAT and ACT is 5 years.
++IELTS Indicator and TOEFL iBT ® Special Home Edition are also acceptable.
Minimum Subject Requirements
In addition to fulfilling the minimum entry requirements, you must also satisfy the minimum subject requirements for the programmes you apply. Check the minimum subject requirements of the programme you wish to apply.
Mother Tongue Language (MTL) Requirement for Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents
All Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents applying for admission must fulfil any one of the following minimum requirements under MOE mother tongue policy:
- a grade D7 for Higher MTL at Singapore-Cambridge GCE O-Level; or
- a pass in MTL 'B' or a grade S for H1 MTL or H2 MTL Language and Literature or General Studies in Chinese at Singapore-Cambridge GCE A-Level; or
- a pass in MTL A: Literature or MTL A: Language and Literature or Language B MTL at Standard or Higher Level at IB Diploma; or
- an MOE-approved MTL-in-lieu*; or
- an MOE-approved MTL-exemption*.
Students who have not satisfied the requirement above may still apply for admission with no prejudice to their application. Admission will be on a provisional basis and students are required to attain the MTL within the period of their University study.
* For students who have been away from Singapore’s school system for some years, the University will submit the application for MTL-in-lieu or MTL-exemption on your behalf if you are offered admission. You will need to provide your academic transcript for the last 2 years of studies prior to university admission for MOE’s assessment. MOE does not accept direct applications. If you have previously been approved a MTL-in-lieu or are exempted from MTL, please upload the MOE approval letter to the ‘Checklist’ after you have submitted your application. Students who have misplaced the letter must notify us at application and request for a replacement from MOE Customer Service at https://www.moe.gov.sg/feedback/. The letter must be included in the application after receiving from MOE.
Special Medical Conditions to Note
Please read the special medical conditions before selecting the programme you wish to apply.
Estimated Living Expenses
It is important to have a good idea of the financial costs involved over the length of your undergraduate education in NTU. Besides the Tuition fee and Miscellaneous fee for full-time programmes, the estimated monthly cost of living is as below.
Access this link to estimate your financial need.
|Type Of Costs||Estimated Amount (S)|
|Accommodation (On-campus)||S$265 - S$605*|
|Meals||S$300 - S$400|
|Transport, Books & Personal Expenses||S$320 - S$540|
|Total||S$885 - S$1545|
* The estimated cost of accommodation is based on the rate of a single room or twin-sharing room.
To begin your application, please click here for the application flow.
The Office of Admissions does not engage any 3rd party agent / organization / company to represent the university or work with any 3rd party agent / organization / company to enrol full-time undergraduate students. All undergraduate admission related correspondences, notifications and e-mails are only sent by authorised personnel from the Office of Admissions.
Step 1: Apply Online
Types of Application Forms & Deadlines
Students currently in final year of high school with actual high school graduation / national examination results available after April 1ST will not be eligible to apply for the LKCMedicine programme and Renaissance
Students currently in final year of high school with actual high school graduation / national examination results available after mid -July will not be eligible to apply for Art, Design & Media programme.
 You must authorise IBO to release your results directly to NTU for verification purpose. Please refer to https://www.ibo.org/programmes/diploma-programme/assessment-and-exams/requesting-transcripts/ for details.
 Applicants studying in Gao Kao curriculum but choose to take AP or SAT Subject Tests on their own or did not sit Gao Kao for any reasons must submit their application under this category.
Step 2: Pay Application fee
Pay the application fee online by VISA/MasterCard. If you have a bank account in Singapore, you may use PayNow to make the payment. To learn more and make payment, go to Check Status link.
Non payment or late payment after closing deadline will deem incomplete applications and no longer processed.
Step 3: Submission of Supporting Documents
*Students' awaiting final results should provide the actual results within 3 days after the release date. The certified copy of the result slip or results downloaded from official website must be uploaded online at Check Status link.
Upload Supporting Documents
Note: Ensure that you have uploaded ALL required/available documents BEFORE you click the 'Confirm' button as you will not be able to access the Checklist again once the button is clicked.
Completion of Application for LKCMedicine Programme
Submission of Application Documents for Art, Design & Media Programme:
At this Check Status link, you are able to:
- Access the Checklist for submission of supporting documents.
- Pay application fee online via VISA/MasterCard.
- Check your documents submission status; application fee payment status.
- Update choices of your programmes, your contact information within application period.
- Submit scholarship online application form within application period.
- Upload final results within 3 days once available. Failing which, your application will be deemed incomplete and no longer be processed.
- Check application outcome.
We do not email an applicant on receipt of the supporting documents. Applicants are required to track their submission online.
Do note that the application outcome is estimated to be released during the period stated in 'Estimated Application Outcome' column.
|International Qualifications/ Admission Requirements||Estimated Application Outcome ||Appeal Period|
|American High School Diploma||Mid Jun - mid Jul 2023|
|Australia NSW HSC / Western Australia TEE / Victoria Cert of Education / Tasmania HSC / Queensland OP / South Australia Matriculation||Mid Jul 2023||TBA|
|Canada Ontario Secondary School Diploma/British Columbia High School and equivalent ||Mid Jun - mid Jul 2023||TBA|
|French Baccalaureate/ Spanish Baccalaureate/ European Baccalaureate||Mid Jul 2023|
|Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education Examination (HKDSE)||Mid Jul 2023||TBA|
|India Standard 12||End Jun 2023|
|Indonesian SMA Ujian Akhir Nasional (UAN)||Mid Apr - end Jun 2023|
|International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma ||End Apr - end Jul 2023||TBA
|Malaysia Sijil Tinggi Persekolahan Malaysia (STPM) ||End Apr - end Jun 2023||TBA|
|Malaysia Unified Examination Certificate(UEC) ||Early Apr - end Jun 2023|
|Mauritius High School Certificate (HSC)||End Jun - mid Jul 2023|
|Myanmar Matriculation Exam||Mid Apr - end Jun 2023||TBA|
|NUS High School Diploma||Check here||-|
|Philippines Senior High School Diploma (Katibayan or Katunayan)||Mid Jul 2023||TBA|
|PRC National College Entrance Exam (NCEE) [Gao Kao Curriculum]|
Late Mar 2023- Notification on whether or not invited for admission interview.
End Jun 2023 - Interview outcome.
|South Korean College Scholastic Ability Test (CSAT)/High School Diploma (Ilbankye Kodung Hakkyo)||Late Mar 2023 - Notification on whether or not invited for admission interview.
End Jun 2023 - Interview outcome.
|Sri Lanka A-Level Certificate||Mid Jul 2023||TBA|
|Taiwan General Scholastic Ability Test (GSAT)|
Late Mar 2023 - Notification on whether or not invited for admission interview.
End Jun 2023 - Interview outcome.
|Thai Mathayom 6 ||Mid Jul 2023||TBA|
|UK A-Level certificates/Cambridge Pre-U|
May - End Jun 2023
(Applicants sitting 2023 May/Jun 'A' Level exams will not be considered for admissions. Please apply in subsequent admission exercise)
|A-Level (Brunei / Hong Kong)||May - end Jun 2023|
|Vietnam High School Graduation Certificate|
Mid Mar 2023 - Notification on whether or not invited for admission interview.
End Jun 2023 - Interview outcome
|All other international qualifications not listed above (including German Abitur, Turkish High School, New Zealand NCEA, Bangladesh HSC, Pakistan HSC, Iran High School Diploma, etc)||Mid May- end Jul 2023||TBA|
TBA - To be announced
 High School final year students must provide at least up to Grade 12 Semester 1 results at application. Final transcript to be submitted within 3 days when available. Advanced Placement (AP) score must be submitted by mid-July of the application year.
 The outcome of IB Diploma applicants sitting for May exams will be made known within 1 to 2 weeks after the submission of actual results. You are required to key and upload result slip (screen capture from official website acceptable) under ‘Provide Actual Results’ at ‘Check Status’ link within 3 days from the release date. No provisional offer will be made based on predicted grades.
 Applicants in final year of high school must submit actual results within 3 days from the release date. The admissions decision will be made known within 2 to 3 weeks after the submission of actual results. No provisional offer will be made based on predicted grades.
 If you have applied to the Medicine programme at LKCMedicine and are shortlisted for admission, you will be required to attend the Multiple Mini Interviews (MMI) in April. If you did not receive an invitation for the MMI in early April, it will deem that your application for the Medicine programme is unsuccessful.
NTU will assist international students admitted to the fulltime programmes on Student’s Pass application (including visa for visa required countries). Please view application flow chart.
Matriculating in Academic Year 2022-23
If you are matriculating in Academic Year 2022-23, proceed to complete the enrolment procedures as displayed in the online acceptance link and click on the relevant link below for the summary of the admission procedures applicable to you.
- International Students (Last modified on 24 June 2022)
- Singaporean & Singapore Permanent residents matriculating in Academic Year 2022-23 (Last modified on 24 June 2022)
Please ensure that your contact numbers and email address are valid. If there is any change, please inform via our enquiry form immediately as various confirmations such as Hall allocation notifications will be sent to you via email only.
Matriculating after Academic Year 2022-23
This is applicable only to Singaporean & Singapore Permanent Residents serving full-time national service. You will receive an acknowledgement email in September/October of the acceptance. A confirmation email will be sent subsequently in December prior to the year of matriculation. If there is a change in your email, please update us, quoting your application number, via the enquiry form.
Verification of Original Documents
NTU checks the authenticity of your documents with one of the following methods:
1. At Official website
If available, you are required to provide the login credential along with the result slip at submission or authorise NTU to access your results directly.
2. From Source by Email or Post
We may check directly with the organisation, school or college who awarded the qualification or inform student to request the organisation, school or college who awarded the qualification to forward their academic results directly to us by email or post. Email submission is preferred.
- By Email - It must be from the organisation, school or college email and a suitable member or staff of the organisation, school or college. Student's name and application number must be included in the subject of the email.
- By Post – It has to be directly from the organisation, school or college who awarded the qualification in sealed envelope and post it to us at: Office of Admissions, Nanyang Technological University, Student Services Centre #03-01, 42 Nanyang Avenue, Singapore 639815
3. In person
Student may be required to come in person for verification of specific documents sometime in mid-September/ early October after matriculated as a student of NTU. Such notification will be sent to student's NTU email account closer to the verification period.