Malaysia Unified Examination Certificate (UEC)
Minimum Requirement to Apply
A good pass in each subject in UEC (Senior Middle Level), including English and either Chinese language or Malay, excluding Technical subjects, Art, Computing. Advanced Mathematics (I) and Advanced Mathematics (II) are required for admission to Medicine, Engineering and Science programmes.
Medallists (Gold, Silver or Bronze) of International Science Olympiads Competitions in Biology (IBO), Chemistry (IChO), Physics (IPhO), Mathematics (IMO), Informatics (IOI), Astronomy (IAO) and Astronomy and Astrophysics (IOAA) will be considered for admission more favourably to programmes related to their field of achievement. Admission to programmes not closely related to the field of achievement will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Interview may be conducted before the decision of admissions is made.
To apply, you must be in the final year of your high school or already completed your high school.
English Language Requirements
A good pass in E1119 (Grade ‘A’) or CEFR (B2) is required for admission to non-Engineering/non-Science programmes, except Chinese programme. The same requirement is applicable to all programmes for scholarships application.
If E1119 is not taken, MUET/MUET in Demand (Band 5 taken before 2021 or 4.5 taken in 2021 or after) or IELTS/IELTS Indicator (a minimum Overall 6, writing 6) or TOEFL/TOEFL iBT® Special Home Edition (a minimum of 90 - iBT) or SAT (a minimum of 1250 for SAT taken for March 2016 onwards) or Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic) (a minimum of 55) or ACT with Writing (a minimum of composite score of 30 in ACT with Writing in one sitting) or C1 Advanced (formerly known as Cambridge English Advanced (CAE)) may be used for the same purpose.
NTU Entrance Examination (NTU EE)
Eligible to apply for all programmes if fulfil the minimum subject requirements of the programmes. Arts/Commerce UEC (Senior) applicants are ineligible for any Engineering and most Science programmes.
Note that Biomedical Sciences and Chinese Medicine programme is not applicable to Citizens of Mainland China, Hong Kong SAR, Macao SAR and Taiwan.
1. The primary factor in admission decision is the high school academic performance. Decision will be made with actual results only. No provisional offer will be made with preliminary results.
2. Admission is highly competitive, especially for non-citizens, due to limited places available. The admission point varies from year to year and between different programmes. Meeting the minimum requirements to apply does not guarantee admission to any of the programmes in NTU.
This form is applicable only to students with Malaysia UEC Qualification.
If you are holding other qualifications, please click here to check on the correct application form that matches your high school qualification. Please note that your application may be treated as void if you use the wrong form.
This form may take you 15 minutes or more to fill in and it must be completed in English. You will need the following information to fill in the form:
- your passport / Identity Card number. Singaporeans / Singapore Permanent Residents to provide Singapore IC number.
- your home, postal address (in English) and phone number
- your educational results
- Overall STPM* / UEC (Senior) results (if available)
- Malaysia SPM / E1119 results (if applicable)
- University transcript (if applicable)
- TOEFL or SAT or IELTS or PTE Academic or ACT with Writing score sheet (if applicable)
Please pay the application fee and submit the required supporting documents after your online application is successfully submitted. Your application cannot be processed until application fee and supporting documents are received.
The application is closed.
Note: To establish your correct identity and facilitate processing of your application for admissions, your personal identification (NRIC for SG/SPR, FIN and/or Passport number for international students) is required.