- Academic and Examination Arrangements
- Learning support
- Assistive technology
Academic Assessment Accommodation
For programmes that include tests and examinations as a form of assessment, the following are some examples of academic assessment accommodations:
- Access to laptop and printer services for students with writing difficulties.
- Additional writing time.
- Questions papers with larger font size and paper size.
- Separate room for tests and examinations.
- Written examination announcements for students with hearing difficulties.
1. Students must have permanent disabilities / Special Education Needs (SEN).
2. Matriculated students of the following status:
a. Full time and part-time
b. Local, international and exchange
c. Undergraduate and post-graduate
- Application starts in week 0 to week 2 of each semester. Submission of application after the stipulated deadline will cause delays to the approval of academic assessment accommodation provision.
- Ad-hoc application may be accepted if students are newly diagnosed with permanent disabilities/SEN or have emerging challenges resulting from his/ her permanent disabilities/ SEN.
To apply for academic and exam accommodations, please email us at email@example.com.
- Note-taking services for students who are unable to take notes effectively during lectures and tutorials
- Video transcription for online lectures when captions are unavailable
- Sign language interpretation for classroom activities
- Conversion of text and diagrams into Braille / tactile format for students with vision loss
Students may use assistive technology in class, tests and examinations, if necessary. Students who are eligible for SEN Fund may apply for funding to purchase the relevant technology. For more information about the SEN Fund, visit url: https://www.ntu.edu.sg/education/accessible-education/sen-fund