American High School Diploma
To apply under this qualification, the diploma you are holding must be accredited by one of the following accreditation agencies. If the diploma you are holding is not accredited by any of the following accreditation agencies, submit your application here by 15 January 2023:
- Cognia (formerly known as AdvancED)
- Middle States Association of Schools and Colleges, Commission on Secondary Schools (MSACS, usually known as MSA)
- New England Association of Schools and Colleges，Commission on Independent Schools (NEASC)
- New York State Board of Regents and the Commissioner of Education
- North Central Association Commission on Accreditation and School Improvement, Commission on Accreditation and School Improvement (NCASC)
- Northwest Association of Accredited Schools (NACS)
- Southern Association of Colleges and Schools , Council on Accreditation and School Improvement (SASC, also known as AdvancED, currently known as Cognia)
- Western Association of Schools and Colleges, Accrediting Commission for Schools (WASC)
- The National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Minimum Requirements to Apply
Good CGPA/marks in the High School Diploma And
A combination score of 4 and 5 in 3 or more Advanced Placement (AP) Tests from CollegeBoard. AP Calculus BC is compulsory for application to Engineering and most of the Sciences programmes. The AP subjects should be chosen based on the subject prerequisites of the programmes applying for. Bulk of our international applicants apply with more than 3 AP.
Note: The AP score must reach our office by 15 July 2023. Beyond which, test score submitted will not be considered.
A score of 1250 (SAT from March 2016) in SAT (previously known as SAT Reasoning Test or SAT I) or a minimum composite score of 30 in ACT with Writing taken in one sitting and a score of 680 or better in each of three subjects in SAT Subject Tests. Each of the three subjects can be taken in no more than two attempts and all 3 subjects must be taken within the period of one year. Mathematics Level 2 is compulsory for application to Engineering and most of the Sciences programmes. The SAT Subjects should be chosen based on the subject prerequisites of the programmes applying for. SAT scores that are older than 5 years from the test date will not be considered.
(Note: AP refers to AP Exam scores obtained under CollegeBoard. SAT Subject Tests are separate tests from SAT (previously known as SAT Reasoning Test or SAT 1) . Visit https://www.collegeboard.org/ for details on SAT Subject Tests and AP Exams.)
Medallists (Gold, Silver or Bronze) of International Science Olympiads Competitions in Biology (IBO), Chemistry (IChO), Physics (IPhO), Mathematics (IMO), Informatics (IOI), Astronomy (IAO) and Astronomy and Astrophysics (IOAA) will be considered for admission more favourably to programmes related to their field of achievement. Admission to programmes not closely related to the field of achievement will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Interview may be conducted before the decision of admissions is made.
To apply, you must be in the final year of your high school or already completed your high school.
NTU Entrance Examination (NTU EE)
Eligible to apply for all programmes if fulfil the minimum subject requirements of the programmes and already obtained High School Diploma, SAT & SAT Subject Tests or AP scores.
Applicants with High School Diploma, SAT & SAT Subject Tests or AP scores available after April 1st of the application year will not be eligible to apply for the LKCMedicine programme and Renaissance Engineering programme in this admission exercise.
Students whose actual high School graduation / national examination results available after July 15th will not be eligible to apply for Art, Design & Media programme in this admission exercise.
Note that Biomedical Sciences and Chinese Medicine programme is not applicable to Citizens of Mainland China, Hong Kong SAR, Macao SAR and Taiwan.
1. Final year high school students may apply with at least up to Grade 12 Semester 1 results during application period. Final transcript must be submitted within 3 days following the official release date.
2. SAT & SAT Subject Tests scores must reach our office by 31 May 2023 and AP score by 15 July 2023. Test scores submitted after the date will not be considered.
3. Admission is highly competitive, especially for non-citizens, due to limited places available. The admission point varies from year to year and between different programmes. Meeting the minimum requirements to apply does not guarantee admission to any of the programmes in NTU.
4. The primary factor in admission decision is the high school academic performance. Decision will be made with actual results only. No provisional offer will be made with preliminary results.
This form is applicable only to students with American High School Diploma.
If you are holding other qualifications, please click here to check on the correct application form that matches your high school qualification. Please note that your application may be treated as void if you use the wrong form.
This form may take you 15 minutes or more to fill in and it must be completed in English. You will need the following information to fill in the form:
- your passport / Identity Card number. Singaporeans / Singapore Permanent Residents to provide Singapore IC number.
- your home, postal address (in English) and phone number
- your educational results
- High School transcript to date (final year high school students must provide up to Grade 12, Semester 1 or Term 1 results at application. Please apply only after the results is available. The transcript showing results entered in the application form must be submitted after application. You may inform your high school to submit the transcript via the enquiry form with your application number and name indicated in the details of the question.
- Junior / Secondary School examination results
- College Board AP Student Grade Report OR CollegeBoard SAT and SAT Subject Tests score sheet
- University transcript (if applicable)
- TOEFL or SAT or IELTS or PTE Academic or ACT with Writing score sheet (if taken)
Please pay the application fee and submit the required supporting documents after your online application is successfully submitted. Your application cannot be processed until application fee and supporting documents are received.
The application is closed.
Note: To establish your correct identity and facilitate processing of your application for admissions, your personal identification (NRIC for SG/SPR, FIN and/or Passport number for international students) is required.