American High School Diploma
The diploma you are holding is accredited by one of the following accreditation agencies:
- Cognia (formerly known as AdvancED)
- Middle States Association of Schools and Colleges, Commission on Secondary Schools (MSACS, usually known as MSA)
- New England Association of Schools and Colleges, Commission on Independent Schools (NEASC)
- New York State Board of Regents and the Commissioner of Education
- North Central Association Commission on Accreditation and School Improvement, Commission on Accreditation and School Improvement (NCASC)
- Northwest Association of Accredited Schools (NACS)
- Southern Association of Colleges and Schools , Council on Accreditation and School Improvement (SASC, also known as AdvancED, currently known as Cognia)
- Western Association of Schools and Colleges, Accrediting Commission for Schools (WASC)
- The National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
High School Diploma with AP (Advanced Placement)
The diploma you are holding is not accredited by the above accreditation agencies and AP is part of your high school curriculum.
Minimum Requirements to Apply
Good CGPA/marks in the High School Diploma And
A combination score of 4 and 5 in 3 or more Advanced Placement (AP) Tests from CollegeBoard. AP Calculus BC is compulsory for application to Applied Computing in Finance, Engineering and most of the Sciences programmes. The AP subjects should be chosen based on the subject prerequisites of the programmes applying for. Bulk of our international applicants apply with more than 3 AP.
- The AP score must reach our office by 15 July 2024. Beyond which, test score submitted will not be considered.
- Applicants studying in China can use Aptitude Scholastic Test (AST) in lieu of AP Exams. Applicants must have taken at least 3 AST Subject tests (including English, Maths and Physics or Chemistry) under China Excellence Identification Scheme (CEIS). Find out more at CEIS website http://www.ceischina.com/.
A score of 1250 (SAT from March 2016) in SAT (previously known as SAT Reasoning Test or SAT I) or a minimum composite score of 30 in ACT with Writing taken in one sitting and a score of 680 or better in each of three subjects in SAT Subject Tests (taken between 2017 and 2021). Each of the three subjects can be taken in no more than two attempts and all 3 subjects must be taken within the period of one year. Mathematics Level 2 is compulsory for application to Engineering and most of the Sciences programmes. The SAT Subjects should be chosen based on the subject prerequisites of the programmes applying for. SAT scores that are older than 5 years from the test date will not be considered.
(Note: AP refers to AP Exam scores obtained under CollegeBoard. SAT Subject Tests (last test in 2021) are separate tests from SAT (previously known as SAT Reasoning Test or SAT 1). Visit https://www.collegeboard.org/ for details on SAT Subject Tests and AP Exams.)
Medallists (Gold, Silver or Bronze) of International Science Olympiads Competitions in Biology (IBO), Chemistry (IChO), Physics (IPhO), Mathematics (IMO), Informatics (IOI), Astronomy (IAO) and Astronomy and Astrophysics (IOAA) will be considered for admission more favourably to programmes related to their field of achievement. Admission to programmes not closely related to the field of achievement will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Interview may be conducted before the decision of admissions is made.
To apply, you must be in the final year of your high school or already completed your high school.
NTU Entrance Examination (NTU EE)
Eligible to apply for all programmes if fulfil the minimum subject requirements of the programmes and already obtained High School Diploma, SAT & SAT Subject Tests or AP scores.
Applicants with High School Diploma or AP scores available after April 1st of the application year will not be eligible to apply for the LKCMedicine programme and Renaissance Engineering programme in this admission exercise.
Students whose actual high School graduation / national examination results available after July 15th will not be eligible to apply for Art, Design & Media programme in this admission exercise.
1. Final year high school students must apply with at least up to Grade 12 Semester 1 results during application period. Final transcript must be submitted within 3 days following the official release date.
2. AP score must reach our office by 15 July 2024. Test scores submitted after the date will not be considered.
3. Admission is highly competitive, especially for non-citizens, due to limited places available. The admission point varies from year to year and between different programmes. Meeting the minimum requirements to apply does not guarantee admission to any of the programmes in NTU.
4. The primary factor in admission decision is the high school academic performance. Decision will be made with actual results only. No provisional offer will be made with preliminary results.
This form is applicable only to students with American High School Diploma or High School Diploma with AP.
If you are holding other qualifications, please click here to check on the correct application form that matches your high school qualification. Please note that your application may be treated as void if you use the wrong form.
This form may take you 20 minutes or more to fill in and it must be completed in English. Please get ready the following before you start your application as you have to submit it once started. The information you have entered in the application form cannot be saved and continue later.
- your passport / Identity Card number. Singaporeans / Singapore Permanent Residents to provide Singapore IC number.
- your home, postal address (in English) and phone number
- your educational results
- High School transcript
- Grade 11 and 12 results (completed high school)
- Grade 11 and 12 Semester 1 results (final year high school students). Please do not submit your application till Grade 12 Semester 1 results is available.
The transcript showing results entered in the application form must be submitted after application. You may inform your high school to email your transcript with your application number and name as subject of the email. Submission via Parchment is also acceptable.
- College Board AP Student Grade Report OR CollegeBoard SAT Subject Tests score sheet (taken between 2019 and 2021)
- University transcript (if applicable)
- High School transcript
- TOEFL or SAT or IELTS or PTE Academic or ACT with Writing score sheet (if taken)
You will receive an application number after your application is successfully submitted. Please login with the password you have created in the application form to pay the application fee and upload the required supporting documents. Your application cannot be processed until application fee and supporting documents are received.
The application is now OPEN.
Note: To establish your correct identity and facilitate processing of your application for admissions, your personal identification (NRIC for SG/SPR, FIN and/or Passport number for international students) is required.