This double degree programme of Bachelor of Engineering (Environmental Engineering) and Bachelor of Social Sciences in Economics is offered jointly by the School of Civil and Environmental Engineering and School of Social Sciences.
It aims to equip students with excellent knowledge and competency in Engineering and Economics over the programme duration of 5 years. Graduates of this programme can expect more career options in the engineering-and-economics-related and beyond. Engineers who have strong economic knowledge will be better equipped for management positions when moving up the corporate ladder.
- 5 years direct honours programme
- Accredited and globally recognised programme
- 20 weeks Professional Internship
- Specialisation in Civil Infrastructure
- Specialisation in Coastal Protection
GCE ‘A’ LEVEL: H2 Level pass in Mathematics and H2 Level pass in Physics / Chemistry / Biology / Computing and H1 Level / ‘O’ Level pass in Physics for applicants who have not read Physics at H2 Level.
POLYTECHNIC DIPLOMA: An engineering diploma from local polytechnics. Relevant diplomas will be considered for direct entry into the second year (by merit) and may be exempted from selected courses. For the list of acceptable local diplomas, please refer to: admissions.ntu.edu.sg/UndergraduateAdmissions/Pages/PolyDiploma.aspx
INTERNATIONAL BACCALAUREATE DIPLOMA: Mathematics at Higher Level and Physics / Chemistry / Biology / Computer Science at Higher Level and Physics at Standard Level for applicants who have not read Physics at Higher Level.
NUS HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA: Major CAP of 2.0 in Mathematics and Major CAP of 2.0 in Physics / Chemistry / Biology and Overall CAP of 2.0 in Physics for applicants who have not majored in Physics.
INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS: Mathematics at Senior High School Level and Physics / Chemistry / Biology at Senior High School Level and Physics at Junior High School Level for applicants who have not read Physics at Senior High School Level.
Students with outstanding Singapore GCE ‘A’ Level, International Baccalaureate (IB) and NUS High School Diploma results may be eligible for exemptions from up to 3 selected first-year courses, more details could be found via the following link.
Students with outstanding Poly Diploma results admit directly to Second year, may be eligible for exemptions for the course MH1810 Mathematics I.
Our Programme provide a complete education and create diverse opportunities to harness the talents of students and nurture graduates not limited by boundaries. It provides a holistic education that includes a strong grounding in engineering fundamentals, appreciation in arts, humanities, business and sciences, practical experience and soft skills.
- Core Programme Requirement : 102 AU
- General Education Requirement (GER)
(a) GER-Core : 16 AU
- Communication Skills
- Introduction to Data Science and Artificial Intelligence
- Enterprise & Innovation
- Engineers & Society
- Kickstart your Career Success
(b) GER-Prescribed Electives (GER-PE): 9 AU
Selection of courses from the following categories:
- Business & Management
- Liberal Arts
- Science, Technology & Society
(c) Unrestricted Elective (UE) : 12 AU
It is a 5 Years Direct Hon Degree Programme
In the new millennium, environmental engineers will be challenged to find the best solutions to the most pressing problems of society and apply sophisticated technologies to meet society’s needs in an environmentally sustainable manner.
Graduates can look forward to a wide range of career prospects in fields such as:
- Integrated Urban Storm-water Management
- Sediment Transport and Coastal Management
- Waste Minimization, Recycling and Resources Recovery
- Membrane Technology
- Biotechnology in Wastewater Treatment
- Environmental Chemistry and Chemical Technology
- Air Quality Management
- Infrastructure Planning and Development
Common roles for fresh graduates:
- Environmental Engineer
- Business Consultant
- Civil Engineer
- Management Executive/ Management Trainee
- Research Officer
- Production Engineer
- Quality Assurance Manager
- Safety Inspector
- Software Developer/Engineer
NTU Bachelor of Engineering (Environmental Engineering) degree Programme is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Board (EAB). An accreditation Team established by the Institution of Engineers Singapore (IES), and IES was admitted as a full signatory of Washington Accord in June 2006, hence our program is recognized internationally by Professional Bodies of the Washington Accord signatory countries. Our Programme will accredited once in every five years.
There are more than 40 minors available. Some popular minors are as follows,
- Minor in Business
- Minor in International Trading
Full list could be found via the following link.
- Bachelor of Engineering in Environmental Engineering with Second Major in Society & Urban Systems
- Bachelor of Engineering in Environmental Engineering with Second Major in Data Analytics
- Bachelor of Engineering in Environmental Engineering with Second Major in Business
- Bachelor of Engineering in Environmental Engineering with a Second Major in Entrepreneurship
- Bachelor of Engineering in Environmental Engineering