The Environmental Engineering programme is structured on a flexible and diverse system that allows students to choose from a broad range of courses to receive a well-rounded education while maintaining high academic standards.
Students take the common engineering courses which deals with basic concepts in mathematics, science and fundamental engineering principles, followed by a balanced mix of core courses in environmental engineering discipline.
With the Second Major in Sustainability, students will understand how our environment, economy and society interact, applying this to technological innovation and communicating readily with decision makers, in order to maintain the health of our world for the benefit of current and future generations.
- 4 years direct honours programme
- Accredited and globally recognised programme
Singapore-Cambridge GCE 'A' Level
- Pass in H2 Level Mathematics, and
- Pass in H2 Level Biology/ Chemistry/ Computing/ Physics, and
- Pass in H1/ ‘O’ Level Physics1 or equivalent
- A diploma from one of the local polytechnics,
- Relevant diplomas will be considered for exemption from selected courses,
- For a list of acceptable local diplomas, please refer here.
International Baccalaureate Diploma
- Pass in Higher Level Mathematics, and
- Pass in Higher Level Biology/ Chemistry/ Computer Science/ Physics, and
- Pass in Standard Level Physics2 or equivalent
NUS High School Diploma
- Major CAP of 2.0 in Mathematics, and
- Major CAP of 2.0 in Biology/ Chemistry/ Physics, and
- Overall CAP of 2.0 in Physics3 or equivalent
International & Other Qualifications
- Pass in Senior High School Level Mathematics, and
- Pass in Senior High School Level Biology/ Chemistry/ Physics, and
- Pass in Junior High School Level Physics4
1 Pass in H1 Level / ‘O’ Level Physics is only applicable to applicants who have not read H2 Level Physics.
2 Pass in Standard Level Physics is only applicable to applicants who have not read Higher Level Physics.
3 Overall CAP of 2.0 in Physics is only applicable to applicants who have not majored in Physics.
4 Pass in Junior High School Level Physics is only applicable to applicants who have not read Senior High School Level Physics.
Applicants with only a H1 Level / ‘O’ Level pass in Physics are required to read 'PH1012 Physics A' instead of 'PH1011 Physics' in their first semester. Computer Engineering and Computer Science students will read 'SC1013 Physics for Computing' instead.
International students must have completed at least 12 years of general education, or will be taking Year 12 national examinations in the year of application in order to be considered for admission. In addition to fulfilling the minimum entry requirements, applicants must also satisfy the minimum subject requirements. For further details, please refer here.
Students with outstanding Singapore GCE ‘A’ Level, International Baccalaureate (IB) and NUS High School Diploma results may be eligible for exemptions from up to 3 selected first-year courses, more details could be found via the following link.
Students with outstanding Poly Diploma results may be eligible for exemptions from selected courses.
Besides the Core Programme Requirement, students need to fulfill a minimum total of 30 AU (compulsory courses + electives + interdisciplinary project) for Second Major in Sustainability
- 5 compulsory courses, 1 course in each knowledge area (People, Planet, Profit, Practice, and Policy)
- Elective Courses
- Interdisciplinary Project (3AU)
Further information on Second Major in Sustainability can be found on this page.
Our graduates have been in diverse exciting jobs in various sectors.
There are more than 40 minors available. Some popular minors are as follows,
- Minor in Business
- Minor in International Trading
Full list could be found via the following link.
- Double Degree in Bachelor of Engineering in Environmental Engineering and Bachelor of Social Science in Economics
- Bachelor of Engineering in Environmental Engineering with Second Major in Society & Urban Systems
- Bachelor of Engineering in Environmental Engineering with Second Major in Data Analytics
- Bachelor of Engineering in Environmental Engineering with Second Major in Business
- Bachelor of Engineering in Environmental Engineering with Second Major in Entrepreneurship
- Bachelor of Engineering in Environmental Engineering