- Be competent and engaged engineering professionals for succeeding in their environmental engineering profession or other fields of their interest;
- Possess problem solving, lifelong learning and digital skills for continuing professional development;
- Be competent in addressing multi-disciplinary challenges in complex environmental engineering problems and to provide economical and sustainable solutions;
- Possess effective management and leadership skills within their professional domain; and
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit to seize growth opportunities in infrastructure.
Courses offered include fluid mechanics, hydrology, environmental chemistry, environmental processes, and environmental microbiology, water supply engineering, wastewater engineering, solid waste engineering, geo-environmental engineering, hydraulics and basic structural design.
- 4 years direct honours programme
- Accredited and globally recognised programme
- 20 weeks Professional Internship
- Students can opt for a Specialisation in Civil Infrastructure or Specialisation in Coastal Protection
Singapore-Cambridge GCE 'A' Level
- Pass in H2 Level Mathematics, and
- Pass in H2 Level Biology/ Chemistry/ Computing/ Physics, and
- Pass in H1/ ‘O’ Level Physics1 or equivalent
- A diploma from one of the local polytechnics, for a list of acceptable local diplomas, please refer here .
- Relevant diplomas will be considered for exemption from selected courses,
- From Academic Year 2026, polytechnic diploma graduates will be matriculated into Year 1, and may enjoy module exemptions when applying for related degree courses at NTU. With such exemptions, you may get to graduate ahead of your peers – one or two semesters earlier. Alternatively, you can consider using the remainder of your Year 4 to take up a second major, minor or a work-study position, or pursue a semester overseas to enhance your future employability and broaden your global network.
- Will polytechnic diploma graduates receive the MOE tuition grant in their 4th year?
From Academic Year 2026, polytechnic diploma graduates will be matriculated into Year 1. Eligible students are entitled to subsidised fees under the MOE Tuition Grant for the normal four-year course duration.
- If I graduate one year or one semester earlier, do I still need to pay for tuition fees for the remaining duration in Year 4?
Students who complete their degree course one year or one semester earlier need not pay tuition fees for the remaining duration in Year 4. In the event of early completion or withdrawal, the student remains liable for any outstanding unpaid course fees.
International Baccalaureate Diploma
- Pass in Higher Level Mathematics, and
- Pass in Higher Level Biology/ Chemistry/ Computer Science/ Physics, and
- Pass in Standard Level Physics2 or equivalent
NUS High School Diploma
- Major CAP of 2.0 in Mathematics, and
- Major CAP of 2.0 in Biology/ Chemistry/ Physics, and
- Overall CAP of 2.0 in Physics3 or equivalent
International & Other Qualifications
- Pass in Senior High School Level Mathematics, and
- Pass in Senior High School Level Biology/ Chemistry/ Physics, and
- Pass in Junior High School Level Physics4
1 Pass in H1 Level / ‘O’ Level Physics is only applicable to applicants who have not read H2 Level Physics.
2 Pass in Standard Level Physics is only applicable to applicants who have not read Higher Level Physics.
3 Overall CAP of 2.0 in Physics is only applicable to applicants who have not majored in Physics.
4 Pass in Junior High School Level Physics is only applicable to applicants who have not read Senior High School Level Physics.
Applicants with only a H1 Level / ‘O’ Level pass in Physics are required to read 'PH1012 Physics A' instead of 'PH1011 Physics' in their first semester. Computer Engineering and Computer Science students will read 'SC1013 Physics for Computing' instead.
* Students who are undecided on their Engineering major may opt for Engineering (i.e. Common Engineering) at the point of application. All Common Engineering students will read a semester of common first year courses after which they will be streamed into either Civil Engineering, Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Materials Engineering or Mechanical Engineering at the end of Year 1, Semester 1. In all cases, admissions and streaming into an engineering major is merit-based.
International students must have completed at least 12 years of general education, or will be taking Year 12 national examinations in the year of application in order to be considered for admission. In addition to fulfilling the minimum entry requirements, applicants must also satisfy the minimum subject requirements. For further details, please refer here.
Students with outstanding Singapore GCE ‘A’ Level, International Baccalaureate (IB) and NUS High School Diploma results may be eligible for exemptions from up to 3 selected first-year courses, more details could be found via the following link.
Students with outstanding Poly Diploma results may be eligible for exemptions from selected courses.
This is a 4-year Direct Honours Degree Programme that provides a complete education and creates diverse opportunities to harness the talents of students and nurture graduates not limited by boundaries. The University launched an Interdisciplinary Common Core (ICC) curriculum for all undergraduate students which started in August 2021 as part of the NTU 2025 Strategic Plan to improve teaching outcomes and to prepare our students for lifelong learning. Students will also be given the opportunity to have a full semester internship attached to an industrial firm for practical learning experience.
The ICC curriculum consists of the following three main components:
|Interdisciplinary Collaborative Core (ICC) : ~25%
|➤ University-Level Core: 17 AU
|Major Requirement (Core & Major Prescribed Electives) : ~60%
|➤ Core Programme Requirement: 80 AU
➤ MajorPrescribed Electives (MPE): 3 AU
|Broadening and Deepening Electives (BDE) : ~15%
|➤ Can be used for Second Major, Minor, Specialisation, Work-Study programme, MOOCs or any electives (including additional MPE)
Details on curriculum structure can be found on this page.
In the new millennium, environmental engineers will be challenged to find the best solutions to the most pressing problems of society and apply sophisticated technologies to meet society’s needs in an environmentally sustainable manner.
Graduates can look forward to a wide range of career prospects in fields such as:
- Integrated Urban Storm-water Management
- Sediment Transport and Coastal Management
- Waste Minimization, Recycling and Resources Recovery
- Membrane Technology
- Biotechnology in Wastewater Treatment
- Environmental Chemistry and Chemical Technology
- Air Quality Management
- Infrastructure Planning and Development
Common roles for fresh graduates:
- Environmental Engineer
- Business Consultant
- Civil Engineer
- Management Executive/ Management Trainee
- Research Officer
- Production Engineer
- Quality Assurance Manager
- Safety Inspector
- Software Developer/Engineer
Our graduates have been in diverse exciting jobs in various sectors.
NTU Bachelor of Engineering (Environmental Engineering) degree Programme is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Board (EAB). An accreditation Team established by the Institution of Engineers Singapore (IES), and IES was admitted as a full signatory of Washington Accord in June 2006, hence our program is recognized internationally by Professional Bodies of the Washington Accord signatory countries. Our Programme will accredited once in every five years.
There are more than 40 minors available. Some popular minors are as follows,
- Minor in Business
- Minor in International Trading
Full list could be found via the following link.
- Bachelor of Engineering in Environmental Engineering with Second Major in Business
- Bachelor of Engineering in Environmental Engineering with Second Major in Entrepreneurship
- Bachelor of Engineering in Environmental Engineering with Second Major in Society & Urban Systems
- Bachelor of Engineering in Environmental Engineering with Second Major in Data Analytics
- Double Degree in Bachelor of Engineering in Environmental Engineering and Bachelor of Social Science in Economics
- Bachelor of Engineering in Environmental Engineering with Second Major in Sustainability