- Be competent and engaged engineering professionals for succeeding in their environmental engineering profession or other fields of their interest;
- Possess problem solving, lifelong learning and digital skills for continuing professional development;
- Be competent in addressing multi-disciplinary challenges in complex environmental engineering problems and to provide economical and sustainable solutions;
- Possess effective management and leadership skills within their professional domain; and
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit to seize growth opportunities in infrastructure.
Courses offered include fluid mechanics, hydrology, environmental chemistry, environmental processes, and environmental microbiology, water supply engineering, wastewater engineering, solid waste engineering, geo-environmental engineering, hydraulics and basic structural design.
GCE ‘A’ LEVEL: H2 Level pass in Mathematics and H2 Level pass in Physics / Chemistry / Biology / Computing and H1 Level / ‘O’ Level pass in Physics for applicants who have not read Physics at H2 Level.
POLYTECHNIC DIPLOMA: An engineering diploma from local polytechnics. Relevant diplomas will be considered for direct entry into the second year (by merit) and may be exempted from selected courses. For the list of acceptable local diplomas, please refer to: admissions.ntu.edu.sg/UndergraduateAdmissions/Pages/PolyDiploma.aspx
INTERNATIONAL BACCALAUREATE DIPLOMA: Mathematics at Higher Level and Physics / Chemistry / Biology / Computer Science at Higher Level and Physics at Standard Level for applicants who have not read Physics at Higher Level.
NUS HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA: Major CAP of 2.0 in Mathematics and Major CAP of 2.0 in Physics / Chemistry / Biology and Overall CAP of 2.0 in Physics for applicants who have not majored in Physics.
INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS: Mathematics at Senior High School Level and Physics / Chemistry / Biology at Senior High School Level and Physics at Junior High School Level for applicants who have not read Physics at Senior High School Level.
Students with outstanding Singapore GCE ‘A’ Level, International Baccalaureate (IB) and NUS High School Diploma results may be eligible for exemptions from up to 3 selected first-year courses, more details could be found via the following link.
Students with outstanding Poly Diploma results admit directly to Second year, may be eligible for exemptions for the course MH1810 Mathematics I.
This is a 4-year Direct Honours Degree Programme that provides a complete education and creates diverse opportunities to harness the talents of students and nurture graduates not limited by boundaries. The University launched an Interdisciplinary Common Core (ICC) curriculum for all undergraduate students which started in August 2021 as part of the NTU 2025 Strategic Plan to improve teaching outcomes and to prepare our students for lifelong learning. Students will also be given the opportunity to have a full semester internship attached to an industrial firm for practical learning experience.
The ICC curriculum consists of the following three main components:
|1.||Interdisciplinary Collaborative Core (ICC) : ~25%|
|➤ University-Level Core: 17 AU|
|2.||Major Requirement (Core & Major Prescribed Electives) : ~60%|
|➤ Core Programme Requirement: 80 AU|
➤ MajorPrescribed Electives (MPE): 3 AU
|3.||Broadening and Deepening Electives (BDE) : ~15%|
|➤ Can be used for Second Major, Minor, Specialisation, Work-Study programme, MOOCs or any electives (including additional MPE)|
In the new millennium, environmental engineers will be challenged to find the best solutions to the most pressing problems of society and apply sophisticated technologies to meet society’s needs in an environmentally sustainable manner.
Graduates can look forward to a wide range of career prospects in fields such as:
- Integrated Urban Storm-water Management
- Sediment Transport and Coastal Management
- Waste Minimization, Recycling and Resources Recovery
- Membrane Technology
- Biotechnology in Wastewater Treatment
- Environmental Chemistry and Chemical Technology
- Air Quality Management
- Infrastructure Planning and Development
Common roles for fresh graduates:
- Environmental Engineer
- Business Consultant
- Civil Engineer
- Management Executive/ Management Trainee
- Research Officer
- Production Engineer
- Quality Assurance Manager
- Safety Inspector
- Software Developer/Engineer
NTU Bachelor of Engineering (Environmental Engineering) degree Programme is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Board (EAB). An accreditation Team established by the Institution of Engineers Singapore (IES), and IES was admitted as a full signatory of Washington Accord in June 2006, hence our program is recognized internationally by Professional Bodies of the Washington Accord signatory countries. Our Programme will accredited once in every five years.
There are more than 40 minors available. Some popular minors are as follows,
- Minor in Business
- Minor in International Trading
Full list could be found via the following link.
- Bachelor of Engineering in Environmental Engineering with Second Major in Business
- Bachelor of Engineering in Environmental Engineering with a Second Major in Entrepreneurship
- Bachelor of Engineering in Environmental Engineering with Second Major in Society & Urban Systems
- Bachelor of Engineering in Environmental Engineering with Second Major in Data Analytics
- Double Degree in Bachelor of Engineering in Environmental Engineering and Bachelor of Social Science in Economics