Women in Engineering, Science, and Technology (WiEST) Development Grant
We are pleased to announce that the 'WiEST Conference Grant' is rebranded to 'WiEST Development Grant' as of 7 November 2021. The rebranding furthers our commitments in supporting women engineers, scientists, and technologists embarking on their early careers!
In the last two years, the pandemic has changed many ways of how people interact and learn. The WiEST Development Grant enables activities beyond networking and attending conferences to include professional and personal development courses that offer expanded exposure and learning opportunities to acquire essential skillsets to succeed in STEM.
The WiEST Conference Grant was established in 2018 with the support of Julia & Ken Gouw Foundation and matching funds from NTU's College of Engineering and College of Science. In 2019, Micron joined the programme to support two awards for Women in Technology (WiT) category. In 2021, Micron increased its commitments to support an additional award in the WIT category, and NTU's Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine Medicine joined force to support two awards in the Women in Science category.
Recipients in this programme will receive a one-time Development Grant of $3,000 to cover the attending of the technical conference and professional and personal development courses in their respective fields.
Awardees will be selected from each College with the following distribution:
- Women in Engineering by College of Engineering (6 awards)
- School of Chemical and Biomedical Engineering (SCBE)
- School of Civil and Environmental Engineering (CEE)
- School of Computer Science and Engineering (SCSE)
- School of Electrical and Electronics Engineering (EEE)
- School of Materials Science and Engineering (MSE)
- School of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering (MAE)
- Women in Science by College of Science (6 awards)
- Asian School of the Environment (ASE) - 1 award
- School of Biological Sciences (SBS) - 2 awards
- School of Physical and Mathematical Sciences (SPMS) - 3 awards
- Women in Science by LKC School of Medicine (2 awards) - launched in 2021
- LKC School of Medicine
- Women in Technology by Micron (3 awards) - launched in 2019 for 2 awards
- This year for celebrating our 5th anniversary, Mircon will be accepting one additional recipients who will be named under our sponsoring partner as the Micron WiEST Awardees
Participants must be female in their 4th year of PhD or in their early career (within two years of the award of PhD degree) in the fields of the Schools under the College of Engineering, College of Science, and LKC School of Medicine. Students in the Interdisciplinary Graduate Programme with projects in the stated Colleges and School are eligible to apply.
Required Documents for Submission
- Online application form
- Curriculum vitae (includes qualifications, employment records and list of scientific publications)
- Letter of recommendation from a supervisor
- Statement of purpose (highlighting the scientific contributions and aspirations)
- Font: Times new roman
- Font size: 12 pt.
- Line spacing: 1.5
- Margin: 1”
- up to 2 pages (A4 paper)
Application & Grant Period
- The grant calls annually on 7 November during the WO+MEN fEST event.
- All applicants are to submit their application packages by 31 December, 23:59 hours.
- The awardees will be announced within 2 months of the submission deadline and the award presentation will follow accordingly.
- The grant must be utilised by 31 December of the year of the award.
Approvals must be sought from the Colleges through [email protected] prior to attending conferences or development courses.
Within one month of their return, each awardee will submit a 1-2-page report and the award will be disbursed.
How to Apply
- Fill in and submit the application form which will be available on 7 November.
- Download more information on the Provision of the Grant.