Returning / Cancelling your Student's Pass

You are required to surrender your Student's Pass to the Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA) of Singapore for cancellation within 7 days upon:

  • Conferment; or
  • Conversion to part-time studies; or
  • Termination of your studies; or
  • Taking Leave of Absence (LOA) for an extended period of timing. Kindly refer to table below.
Category of studentTo Cancel STP if LOA is :
UG/PG Coursework on Semester basisMore 1 Semester
PG Coursework on Trimester basisMore 1 Trimester
PG Research on Semester/Trimester basisMore than 3 months

 You can hand over your Student's Pass along with the cancellation form at the Student's Pass Unit, 4th floor, ICA building (next to Lavender MRT station), or at the Singapore checkpoints when departing the country. You can download the cancellation form via this link.

 Students who surrender their Student's Pass will be issued with a short term Social Visit Pass (SVP) for you to remain in Singapore upon cancellation of their Pass at the ICA office. However please note that only ICA can determine the duration of the SVP issued to you.

 Students whose Student's Pass are due to expire and are waiting for the release of their results, are also required to hand over their Student's Pass to the Student's Pass Unit, 4th floor, ICA building (next to Lavender MRT station) before the expiry date of their Pass.


  • Students who receive any form of Employment Pass from the Ministry of Manpower (MOM) are required to cancel their Student's Pass before they can be issued with the MOM's pass. 
  • A student who takes leave of absence, during his/her school term to do additional industrial attachments, which do not contribute towards their graduation will require a valid work pass.
  • Part-time students are not eligible to apply for Student's Pass.