The Maritime Studies programme focuses primarily on shipping business and management and the Second Major in Data Analytics equips Maritime Studies students with additional technical competency to integrate applications with data analytics.
The Maritime Studies programme focuses primarily on shipping business and management. The programme structure is designed to equip our graduates to excel as professionals in shipping and maritime related sectors (refer to some of the exciting careers of past Maritime Studies graduates). The programme structure is flexible and broad-based. The curriculum also includes Professional Internship to fully prepare students for their professional careers upon graduation.
In addition to the Bachelor of Science (Hons) degree in Maritime Studies, students can choose to enrol in Maritime Studies with Second Major in Data Analytics. With data becoming pervasive in the way we live, companies are investing in data analytics capabilities to keep up with developments and competition. However, data analytics tools are evolving at a rapid pace and there is a shortage of qualified data analysts and data scientists in the market today. To align students with emerging employment trends, the College of Science (CoS) and College of Engineering (CoE) jointly offer the Second Major in Data Analytics. This will expand graduates’ career options after graduation and ramp up their employability. (Note that for Second Major programmes, applicants need to choose the specific degree with the Second Major in their applications.)
- Recent news on the Maritime Industry and its Importance to Singapore -
- 4 years direct honours programme
- The only maritime business degree programme in Singapore
- Students shall have opportunities to go on overseas exchange(s) to partner universities offering maritime courses.
Singapore-Cambridge GCE 'A' Level
- Pass in H2 Level Mathematics, and
- Pass in H1 Level/'O' level Science subject
- A diploma from one of the local polytechnics,
- Relevant diplomas may be exempted from selected courses,
- For a list of acceptable local diplomas, please refer here.
International Baccalaureate Diploma
- Pass in Higher Level Mathematics, and
- Pass in Standard Level Biology/ Chemistry/ Physics
International & Other Qualifications
- Pass in Senior High School Level Mathematics, and
- Pass in Junior High School Level Biology/ Chemistry/ Physics/ Science
NUS High School Diploma
- Major CAP of 2.0 in Mathematics, and
- Overall CAP of 2.0 in Biology/ Chemistry/ Physics
International students must have completed at least 12 years of general education, or will be taking Year 12 national examinations in the year of application in order to be considered for admission. In addition to fulfilling the minimum entry requirements, applicants must also satisfy the minimum subject requirements. For further details, please refer here.
INFORMATION & ENQUIRIES
Admission matters are handled by the Office of Admissions. For further information and enquiry, please contact the Office of Admissions.
Students with outstanding Singapore GCE ‘A’ Level, International Baccalaureate (IB) and NUS High School Diploma results may be eligible for exemptions from up to 3 selected first-year courses, more details could be found via the following link
Besides the Core Programme Requirement, students need to fulfill a total of 30-38 AU including 21 - 26AU of Compulsory Courses covering 7 key knowledge areas, as well as 9 - 12AU of data-related electives (the range of AU is due to a mix of 2, 3 and 4AU courses) for Second Major in Data Analytics.
Some courses in Knowledge Areas 1 - 4 are Core or Major Prescribed Elective (MPE) in the respective primary Bachelor of Engineering / Science programme and can therefore be double-counted towards both majors. Please select your programme in Programme Options above to view the recommended courses and study plan.
Further information on Second Major in Data Analytics can be found on this page.
Details on curriculum structure can be found on the following page.
The Second Major in Data Analytics will open up a broad and diverse range of career prospects including:
- Data Scientist
- Research Scientist
- R&D Engineer
- Business Intelligence Developer
- Data Analyst
- Data Architect
The maritime industry is poised to grow steadily over the years. The maritime industry offers good career prospects with commensurate salaries, job stability and job flexibility. Graduates are expected to fill key leadership roles in the maritime industry. Our fresh graduates are expected to be employed in a broad and diverse range of shore-based jobs. Our graduates have been in diverse exciting jobs in various sectors.
There are more than 40 minors available. Full list could be found via the following link.
- Bachelor of Science in Maritime Studies with Second Major in Business
- Bachelor of Science in Maritime Studies with Second Major in Business (International Trading)
- Bachelor of Science in Maritime Studies with Work Study Programme
- Bachelor of Science in Maritime Studies with Specialisation in International Trading
- Bachelor of Science in Maritime Studies
- Bachelor of Science in Maritime Studies with Second Major in Sustainability