Work Study Scheme (WSS) is a University-approved training programme for our students. It is part of experiential learning where students learn about work and working life. Opportunities are provided for students in a wide-range of areas such as finance, marketing, administrative and events management, planning and organisation, library management, information system management, statistical analysis, multi-media production, customer service, etc.
- All full time undergraduates (except for students on selected scholarships administered by the university) are eligible to work part-time on campus
- Students who are on industrial attachment / professional attachment / professional internship / practicum are not allowed to work part time.
Maximum Hours allowed
Term Time (includes Recess week): Students are allowed to work for a maximum of 16 hours per week.
Vacation Time: Students are allowed to work for a maximum of 9 hours in one day or 44 hours in one week.
How to apply
- Go to: StudentLink > Financial Assistance > Work Study Scheme.
- View the list of part time jobs available on campus.
- If interested in the jobs posted on the Work Study Scheme Online System, students are to approach the relevant departments offering the job vacancies to enquire further about the job and/or arrange for an interview. The person to contact/email is provided in the job posting.
- WSS is a University approved training programme and as such students are exempted from CPF contributions.
- Students are required to submit their claims via "Part Time Work-Student Assistants Claims” online system within 2 months from the date work was done (i.e. to submit claims by 31 July 2020 for the work done on 1 June 2020).