Master 2 disciplines - Computer Science and Economics - in this double degree programme jointly offered by NTU's School of Computer Science and Engineering (SCSE) and School of Social Sciences (SSS). The BEng (CS) and BSocSci (Econs) is a 5-year double degree programme.
GCE ‘A’ Level
Pass in H2 Level Mathematics, and
Pass in H2 Level Biology/Chemistry/Computing/Physics
Pass in HL Mathematics, and
Pass in HL Biology/Chemistry/Computer Science/Physics
NUS High School Diploma
Major CAP of 2.0 in Mathematics, and
Major CAP of 2.0 in Biology/Chemistry/Physics
International & Other Qualifications
Pass in Senior High School Level Mathematics, and
Pass in Senior High School Level Biology/Chemistry/Physics
Applicants should have a relevant diploma from one of the local polytechnics. Those with a Certificate of Merit, Diploma with Merit or Diploma with Distinction may apply for any programme in NTU.
For the list of acceptable local diplomas and exempted courses, please visit ntu.edu.sg/url/localdiploma.html
27 AUs of exemptions and they are:
- Technical Elective 1 (Major Prescribed elective, to be taken from CE4xxx courses) - 3 AUs
- Technical Elective 2 (Major Prescribed elective, to be taken from CE4xxx courses) – 3 AUs
- GER PE (BM, LA) - 6 AUs
- Unrestricted electives - 15 AUs
- Additional 3 AUs in Technical Elective 3 (Major Prescribed elective, to be taken from CZ4xxx courses) or other relevant courses on a case-by-case basis subject to the students having participated and done well in NTU research or other projects, or with additional Certificate in Mathematics from Diploma-Plus programmes, or having taken and done well in university level courses.
- CE1003 Introduction to Computational Thinking (Core)*#– 3 AUs * For students who pass the qualification test. More details on this test will be disseminated to eligible students via their NTU email after matriculation.
#Not applicable to all diplomas. Some examples are:
- Diploma in Aerospace Engineering from Temasek Polytechnic
- Diploma in Aerospace Electronics from Temasek Polytechnic
- Diploma in Engineering with Business from Singapore Polytechnic
Course Duration : 5 Years
Kindly view Programme Structure under Our Brochure Here
Our industry-ready graduates are equipped with a strong foundation in the disciplines of computer engineering and computer science. As a result, they are well-prepared to use their skills to harness technology and continually work towards making breakthroughs that enable people to communicate more seamlessly, manage their environments more effectively and lead more comfortable lives. No matter which industry they are in, graduates of SCSE are able to provide innovative solutions.
SCSE (NTU) has consecutively produced top earning graduates since 2010. Our graduates have received huge boost with the Government’s Intelligent Nation Master Plan (iN2015). This initiative has led to a big demand across the Infocomm Industry and has further enhanced Singapore’s Economy and Growth in new areas such as Artificial Intelligence; Big Data Analytics; Cybersecurity; Cloud Computing; Game Innovation and many others. This has triggered an increase in demand for highly trained and proficient Information Technology (IT) graduates. Our undergraduates can hence look forward to fulfilling diversified careers ranging from Developers, Innovators and even becoming the new age Scientists or Technopreneurs.