The Maritime Studies programme focuses primarily on shipping business and management. The programme structure is designed to equip our graduates to excel as professionals in shipping and maritime related sectors (refer to some of the exciting careers of past Maritime Studies graduates). The programme structure is flexible and broad-based. The curriculum also includes Professional Internship to fully prepare students for their professional careers upon graduation.
With the Second Major in Sustainability, students will understand how our environment, economy and society interact, applying this to technological innovation and communicating readily with decision makers, in order to maintain the health of our world for the benefit of current and future generations.
- 4 years direct honours programme
- The only maritime business degree programme in Singapore
- Students shall have opportunities to go on overseas exchange(s) to partner universities offering maritime courses.
Singapore-Cambridge GCE 'A' Level
- Pass in H1 Level Mathematics/'O' level Additional Mathematics or equivalent, and
- Pass in H1 Level/'O' level Science subject
- A diploma from one of the local polytechnics,
- Relevant diplomas may be exempted from selected courses,
- For a list of acceptable local diplomas, please refer here.
International Baccalaureate Diploma
- Pass in Standard Level Mathematics, and
- Pass in Standard Level Biology/ Chemistry/ Physics
International & Other Qualifications
- Pass in Junior High School Level Additional Mathematics, and
- Pass in Junior High School Level Biology/ Chemistry/ Physics/ Science
NUS High School Diploma
- Major CAP of 2.0 in Mathematics, and
- Overall CAP of 2.0 in Biology/ Chemistry/ Physics
International students must have completed at least 12 years of general education, or will be taking Year 12 national examinations in the year of application in order to be considered for admission. In addition to fulfilling the minimum entry requirements, applicants must also satisfy the minimum subject requirements. For further details, please refer here.
INFORMATION & ENQUIRIES
Admission matters are handled by the Office of Admissions. For further information and enquiry, please contact the Office of Admissions.
Besides the Core Programme Requirement, students need to fulfill a minimum total of 30 AU (compulsory courses + electives + interdisciplinary project) for Second Major in Sustainability
- 5 compulsory courses, 1 course in each knowledge area (People, Planet, Profit, Practice, and Policy)
- Elective Courses
- Interdisciplinary Project (3AU)
Further information on Second Major in Sustainability can be found on this page.
The maritime industry is poised to grow steadily over the years. The maritime industry offers good career prospects with commensurate salaries, job stability and job flexibility. Graduates are expected to fill key leadership roles in the maritime industry. Our fresh graduates are expected to be employed in a broad and diverse range of shore-based jobs. Our graduates have been in diverse exciting jobs in various sectors.
There are more than 40 minors available. Some popular minors are as follows,
- Minor in Business
- Minor in International Trading
Full list could be found via the following link.
- Bachelor of Science in Maritime Studies with Work Study Programme
- Bachelor of Science in Maritime Studies with Specialisation in International Trading
- Bachelor of Science in Maritime Studies with Second Major in Data Analytics
- Bachelor of Science in Maritime Studies with Second Major in Business (International Trading)
- Bachelor of Science in Maritime Studies with Second Major in Business
- Bachelor of Science in Maritime Studies