Young and research-intensive, NTU is placed 19th globally, and 1st among the world’s best young universities for five consecutive years (QS university rankings). SUSEP is a reciprocal arrangement between local partner universities which offers students the opportunity to participate in a semester-long exchange programme at NTU. Through SUSEP, students can take selected courses and experience student life at NTU, while pursuing their degrees in their home university.
NTU is proud to partner with the following universities to offer the SUSEP programme:
|National University of Singapore (NUS)|
|Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD)|
|Singapore University of Social Sciences (SUSS)|
|Singapore Management University (SMU)|
The following options are available for students participating in the programme:
- Partial Exchange
Take a few approved courses in NTU and the remaining in your home university. Students must cross-check the course and examination timetables of their home university and that of NTU to ensure that there are no schedule clashes.
- Full Exchange
Do one semester of studies of approved courses entirely at NTU.
Plan your courses
Use the resources below to construct your course plan.
- Refer to Content of Courses to view the courses offered in the past academic years.
Updated course information for Semester 1 and 2 shall only be available towards May and November, respectively.
- Check the Restricted Courses List. Some courses are not offered to exchange students.
- Ensure that you meet the equivalent course prerequisites, if any.
- Consult your academic advisor about your course selections and seek approval for your study plan.
Important: Some courses, especially Business and Computer Science courses, are generally very popular but have limited vacancies. Course allocation is subject to approval and availability, and you are advised to have a flexible course plan in case the courses you apply for are not available.
NTU will not collect tuition and insurance fees from SUSEP students nominated by NTU's partner universities, since these are paid to their home universities. Students are required to pay NTU's Compulsory Miscellaneous Fees:
Compulsory Miscellaneous Fees for SUSEP students (Full-Time)
|Resident status||Per Semester (incl. of GST)*|
|Singapore Permanent Residents / International Students ||S$134.90|
* Fees are subject to changes without notice.
Below are some of the additional expenses students may expect over the duration of their study at NTU:
- Meals, transport, and other personal expenses
- Use of non-academic or non-obligatory facilities, services and functions at NTU
- Other expenses
** Students on local exchange are not eligible for on-campus accommodation.
Prepare your application
Submitting your particulars in accordance with our requirements will minimize unnecessary delays in the processing of your application.
- Shortlist NTU courses (refer to Course Planning tab)
- Check that your documents are in order
- Complete the NTU online application form
|Intake||Application deadline||Application outcome||Receive transcripts*|
|Semester 1||30 April 2022||early June||Within one month of the release of examination results|
|Semester 2||14 October 2022||late November|
* Hardcopy transcripts will be mailed to your home university. NTU does not issue digital transcripts to exchange students.
Note: Only students who are nominated by SUSEP partner universities are eligible to apply online.
Nanyang Technological University
Student and Academic Services Department
Office Global Education and Mobility
Student Services Centre, Level 1
42 Nanyang Avenue, Singapore 639815
Operating hours: Monday to Friday: 9pm to 5pm (Closed on Saturdays, Sundays and Public Holidays)