Singapore Universities Student Exchange Programme (SUSEP - Inbound)
Young and research-intensive, NTU is placed 19th globally, and 1st among the world’s best young universities for five consecutive years (QS university rankings). SUSEP is a reciprocal arrangement between local partner universities which offers students the opportunity to participate in a semester-long exchange programme at NTU. Through SUSEP, students can take selected courses and experience student life at NTU, while concurrently pursuing their degree programme in their home university.
NTU is proud to partner with the following universities to offer the SUSEP programme:
|National University of Singapore (NUS)|
|Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD)|
|Singapore University of Social Sciences (SUSS)|
|Singapore Management University (SMU)|
The following options are available for students participating in the programme:
- Partial Exchange
Take at least one NTU course and the remaining in your home university.
- Full Exchange
Do one semester of studies of approved courses entirely at NTU.
Exchange students are not allowed to take restricted programmes and courses. These include:
- All courses from our five autonomous institutions:
- National Institute of Education (Only NIE general electives are available for exchange students)
- S Rajaratnam School of International Studies
- Earth Observatory of Singapore
- Singapore Centre on Environmental Life Sciences Engineering
- Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine
- All courses offered by School of Computer Science and Engineering (SCSE)
- Entrepreneurship courses offered by the Nanyang Technopreneurship Center
- Graduate Programmes offered by the Nanyang Business School
- Exchange Students are not allowed to attend Special Terms
- Undergraduates (UG): Undergraduate Course Restriction List for exchange students
Applicanits shoudl be aware that we do not entertain appeals for restricted courses/programs.
Students may no longer select/apply for NTU's School of Computer Science and Engineering (SCSE) courses (course codes begining with SC, CZ, and CE) in AY22/23 Semester 2 and beyond due to capacity limits, until further notice. Depending on your requirements, you may be able to find suitable alternatives offered under our other 5 Engineering Schools instead.
Use the resources below to construct your course plan.
- Refer to Content of Courses to view the courses offered in the past academic years.
Updated course information for Semester 1 and 2 shall only be available towards May and November, respectively.
- Check the Course Restrictions. Some courses are not offered to exchange students.
- Ensure that you meet the equivalent course prerequisites, if any.
- Consult your academic advisor about your course selections and seek approval for your study plan.
We seek your understanding that approval of courses is up to each School’s discretion. It is also worth noting that popular courses are highly competitive, making it difficult to secure placement. Courses are never guaranteed for students. For this reason, we advise students to be flexible with their study plan.
NTU will not collect tuition and insurance fees from SUSEP students nominated by NTU's partner universities, since these are paid to their home universities. SUSEP students are only required to pay NTU's Compulsory Miscellaneous Fees:
Compulsory Miscellaneous Fees for SUSEP students (Full-Time)
|Resident status||Per Semester (incl. of GST)*|
|Singapore Permanent Residents / International Students ||S$134.90|
* Fees are subject to changes without notice.
Below are some of the additional expenses students may expect over the duration of their study at NTU:
- Meals, transport, and other personal expenses
- Use of non-academic or non-obligatory facilities, services and functions at NTU
- Other expenses
** Students on local exchange are not eligible for on-campus accommodation.
|Intake||Application deadline||Application outcome||Receive transcripts*|
|Semester 1||23 April 2023||12 June 2023||Within two months of the release of examination results|
* Hardcopy transcripts will be mailed to your home university. NTU does not issue digital transcripts to exchange students.
Submitting your particulars in accordance with our requirements will minimize unnecessary delays in the processing of your application.
- Shortlist NTU courses (refer to Course Planning tab)
- Check that your documents are in order
- Complete the NTU online application form
Note: Only students who are nominated by SUSEP partner universities are eligible to apply online.
To be submitted in ONE file, in PDF format:
- Official transcript (signed by the Registrar and stamped with the home university’s seal)
- List of courses taken in current semester (if not shown in transcript
- Passport-sized ID photo
- Clear, coloured passport-sized ID photo taken recently in JPG format, <100kb
- Check photo guidelines (note: these guidelines must be strictly adhered to)
- Photos taken of photographic images will be rejected
- IC or Passport scan
- Clear, coloured, scanned copy of your IC/passport bio-data page in JPG format, <200kb
Nanyang Technological University
Student and Academic Services Department
Office Global Education and Mobility
Student Services Centre, Level 1
42 Nanyang Avenue, Singapore 639815
Operating hours: Monday to Friday: 9am to 5pm (Closed on Saturdays, Sundays and Public Holidays)