The Tuition Fee Loan is financial assistance given to graduate students pursuing their higher degree through research or selected coursework programmes.
Graduate students enrolled in Research Programmes or full-time MOE subsidised Coursework Programmes are eligible to apply for a Tuition Fee Loan.
The Tuition Fee Loan covers up to 90% of subsidised tuition fee payable by Singapore citizens. It does not cover compulsory miscellaneous fees.For illustration purpose only:
|Nationality||Subsidised Full-time Fee (SGD)||Maximum Loan (SGD)|
|Singapore citizens||S$8,350||90% of S$8,350 = S$7,515|
|Permanent residents||S$11,700||90% of S$8,350 = S$7,515|
|International students (with Service Obligation)||S$16,700||90% of S$8,350 = S$7,515|
Students who are receiving scholarships are not eligible for the Tuition Fee Loan. Students who did not take up Service Obligation (SO) Scheme and paying non- subsidised tuition fees are also not eligible for Tuition Fee Loan.
For more information on the eligibility of Tuition Fee Loan, please refer to Tuition Fee Loan (TFL) Application Form.
You only need to apply once for the Tuition Fee Loan to cover you for the entire duration of your programme at NTU.
- Students who wish to apply for the Tuition Fee Loan are required to complete the TFL Form.
- Bring the completed TFL Form and visit a DBS/POSB branch* or OCBC branch together with your guarantor during the application period^.
- Bring NRIC/Passport of both student and guarantor
- Bring NTU Matriculation Card or Email/Letter indicating you have been offered/reserved a place in NTU
* Please do not visit DBS/POSB branch that are indicated as 24/7 Self-Service branch or Financial Planning branch as they are unable to support the submission of TFL applications.
^ For late applications, the loan may not be disbursed in time to be reflected in your e-bill and to finance your tuition fees by payment due date. For overdue payments, a late payment fee is charged.
The University has appointed DBS Bank Ltd and Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation Limited (OCBC Bank) as agents to administer the Tuition Fee Loan Scheme.
- DBS Bank Ltd
Tel: 6333 0033
- OCBC Bank
Tel: 1800 363 3333 (within Singapore) / +65 6363 3333 (outside Singapore)