Qualifying English Test (QET)
Students admitted to undergraduate courses of study in NTU are required to take the Qualifying English Test (e-QET) unless they meet the exemption criteria. Students who fail the QET will be required to take Introduction to Academic Communication (HW0001) as a subject of study.
Students who are exempted from QET or HW0001 Introduction to Academic Communication, can register for any language electives and selected Communication Skill courses.
Actual Test – Monday, 9 January 2023
The QET for Semester 2 AY2022-23 will be held on Monday, 9 January 2023 at 1.00 pm. The test will be conducted online and students need to login to NTULearn to take the test.
As this is an e-test, students are required to login to NTULearn at least forty-five (45) minutes before the commencement of the test. This is to allow students to check and ensure there are no technical issues before the test. Please refer to the student guide to QET.
Note: The Respondus LockDown Browser MUST be downloaded on your laptop to access the e- test.
1. Before taking the Actual Test
- Download and install Zoom app on your mobile device (smartphone or tablet).
- Check that you are able to log in to NTU Zoom portal at https://ntu-sg.zoom.us using SSO Sign-in.
- Download Respondus LockDown Browser from https://download.respondus.com/lockdown/download.php?id=946716216
- Install Respondus LockDown Browser on your computer that you are going to use to take the test.
- Refer to the student guide to understand how to download the Respondus LockDown Browser and deal with techniques related to Respondus LockDown Browser.
2. When taking the Test
- Launch LockDown Browser on your computer to log in to NTULearn and browse to the QET course which you have been enrolled into
- Use your mobile phone to login to the Zoom meeting and join the session stated in the QET course.
- Stay in the Zoom session to take your attendance and show your presence throughout the test session.
- When instructed by the invigilator at the Zoom meeting, you can begin to access and complete the test.
- You will need to have system administrator access to the computer running the LockDown Browser.
- If you encounter any problem in using the LockDown Browser, please log a case in the Student ServiceNow Portal so that we can follow up with you to resolve the issue.
- Go to the NC (Non-curriculum) section of the Courses page in NTULearn to locate the QET course you have been enrolled into.
The duration of the test is 1 hour.
Students are required to show your identification document (i.e. matric card, identity card, passport, ez-link card, driving license, student pass that bears your photo) when your name is called by the invigilator for attendance marking.
From Tuesday, 3 January 2023 to Sunday, 8 January 2023 (from 10.00 am to 10.00 pm) , students can check whether they are required to take the QET. Details on the time and course site of the e-test will be reflected on the attendance slip. It is crucial that you check the details before you go for the test.
Release of QET Results
The QET results will be released on Thursday, 12 January 2023 at 12 noon. Use the following login methods to view the QET results:
Note: If you encounter problems logging in via SSO, please try to login using PIN.