Students admitted to undergraduate courses of study in NTU are required to take the Qualifying English Test (QET) unless they meet the exemption criteria. Students who fail the QET will be required to take Introduction to Academic Communication (HW0001) as a subject of study.
Students who are not exempted from QET or HW0001 will not be eligible to register for all language elective and selected Communication Skills courses, or to graduate from NTU.
The test will be conducted online. The QET for Semester 2 AY2020-21 will be held on Tuesday, 12 January 2021. As this is an e-test, students are required to login to NTULearn thirty (30) minutes before the commencement of the test. This
is to check and ensure that students do not have any technical issues before the test.
Students admitted after the above date will be arranged to sit for the next QET conducted.
1. Before taking the QET
- Download and install Zoom app on your mobile device (smartphone or tablet)
- Check that you are able to log in to NTU Zoom portal at https://ntu-sg.zoom.us using SSO Sign-in.
- Download Respondus LockDown Browser from https://download.respondus.com/lockdown/download.php?id=946716216
- Install Respondus LockDown Browser on your computer that you are going to use to take the test
- Click here on the guide to upload the Respondus LockDown Browser and how to deal with techniques related to Respondus LockDown Browser.
2. When taking the Test
- Launch LockDown Browser on your computer to log in to NTULearn and browse to this course
- Use your mobile phone to scan the QR Code for the Zoom meeting and join the session.
- Stay in the Zoom session to take your attendance and show your presence throughout the test session. Applicable only for the final test.
- When instructed by the invigilator at the Zoom meeting, you can begin to access and complete the test.
- Respondus LockDown Browser MUST be used to access the test.
- You will need to have system administrator access to the computer running the LockDown Browser.
- If you encounter any problem in using the LockDown Browser, please log a case in the Student ServiceNow Portal so that we can follow up with you to resolve the issue.
- Go to the NC (Non-curriculum) section of the Course List in NTULearn to locate the link to the QET course you have been enrolled into.
The duration of the test is 1 hour. Click here to read the instructions on the conduct of the e-test.
Students are required to show your identification document (i.e. matric card, identity card, passport, ez-link card, driving license, student pass that bears your photo) when your name is called by the invigilator for attendance marking.
Please click here from Monday, 28 December 2020 to Monday, 11 January 2021 (from 10.00 am to 10.00 pm) to check whether you are required to take the QET and to retrieve your QET Attendance Slip. Details on the time and course site of the e-test will be reflected on the attendance slip. It is crucial that you check the details before you go for the test.
Release of QET Results
The QET results will be released on Tuesday, 19 January 2021 at 12 noon.
Use the following login methods to view the QET results:
Note: If you encounter problems logging in via SSO, please try to login using PIN.