This is an online test and students need to login to NTULearn to take the test.
Students admitted to undergraduate courses of study in NTU are required to take the Qualifying English Test (e-QET) unless they meet the exemption criteria. Students who fail the QET will be required to take Introduction to Academic Communication (HW0001) as a subject of study.
Students who are exempted from QET or HW0001 Introduction to Academic Communication, can register for any language electives and selected Communication Skill courses.
Mock Test - Wednesday, 27 July 2022
In order to familiarise yourself to the test environment and to minimise any technical disruptions during the actual QET, we will conduct a mock test on Wednesday, 27 July 2022 to run through the test process with you. This mock test will enable us to anticipate and solve any issues which may crop up in an online environment. Both the mock test (Wednesday, 27 July 2022) and the actual test (Monday, 1 August 2022) for the Qualifying English Test (QET) will be administered via NTULearn. Students are strongly encouraged to attend the mock test so that you will be well prepared when you come for the actual test on Monday, 1 August 2022.
The mock test will remain available till Monday, 1 August 2022, 10.00 am. You may login to NTULearn to practice and familarise yourself with the test environment during this period.
Actual Test – Monday, 1 August 2022
The test will be conducted online. The QET for Semester 1 AY2022-23 will be held on Monday, 1 August 2022 at 1.00 pm and 3.30 pm. As this is an e-test, students are required to login to NTULearn at least forty-five (45) minutes before the commencement of the test. This is to check and ensure that students do not have any technical issues before the test.
Note: The Respondus LockDown Browser MUST be downloaded on your laptop to access both the Mock Test and Final Test.
1. Before taking the Mock Test and Actual Test
- Download and install Zoom app on your mobile device (smartphone or tablet).
- Check that you are able to log in to NTU Zoom portal at https://ntu-sg.zoom.us using SSO Sign-in.
- Download Respondus LockDown Browser from https://download.respondus.com/lockdown/download.php?id=946716216
- Install Respondus LockDown Browser on your computer that you are going to use to take the test.
- Refer to the student guide to understand how to download the Respondus LockDown Browser and deal with techniques related to Respondus LockDown Browser.
2. When taking the Test
- Launch LockDown Browser on your computer to log in to NTULearn and browse to the QET course which you have been enrolled into
- Use your mobile phone to login to the Zoom meeting and join the session stated in the QET course.
- Stay in the Zoom session to take your attendance and show your presence throughout the test session. Applicable only for the final test.
- When instructed by the invigilator at the Zoom meeting, you can begin to access and complete the test.
- You will need to have system administrator access to the computer running the LockDown Browser.
- If you encounter any problem in using the LockDown Browser, please log a case in the Student ServiceNow Portal so that we can follow up with you to resolve the issue.
- Go to the NC (Non-curriculum) section of the Courses page in NTULearn to locate the QET course you have been enrolled into.
The duration of the test is 1 hour.
Students are required to show your identification document (i.e. matric card, identity card, passport, ez-link card, driving license, student pass that bears your photo) when your name is called by the invigilator for attendance marking.
From Friday, 15 July 2022 to Sunday, 31 July 2022 (from 10.00 am to 10.00 pm) , students can check whether they are required to take the QET. Details on the time and course site of the e-test will be reflected on the attendance slip. It is crucial that you check the details before you go for the test.
Release of QET Results
The QET results will be released on Thursday, 11 August 2022 at 12 noon. Use the following login methods to view the QET results:
Note: If you encounter problems logging in via SSO, please try to login using PIN.