The CNYSP nurtures future leaders at the interface of science and engineering, with a focus on technological innovation and scientific communication.
- Scholarship Award
- Innovation Driven Projects
- Multi-Disciplinary Curriculum
- Guaranteed Hall Stay
- Overseas Final Year Project
- Overseas Learning Trip
- Global Exchange Experience
- Peer Support System
- Meeting World Class Leaders in Science and Engineering
- Joint PhD at NTU/Overseas University (optional)
Applicant must possess outstanding Singapore-Cambridge GCE 'A' level, Local Polytechnic Diploma, NUS High School Diploma, IB Diploma or equivalent qualifications.
For a successful application, the applicant must be enrolled in any of the following courses at NTU:
- Aerospace Engineering
- Chemical & Biomolecular Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Science
- Electrical & Electronic Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Information Engineering & Media
- Materials Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Biological Sciences
- Chemistry & Biological Chemistry
- Environmental Earth Systems Science
- Mathematical Sciences
- Physics & Applied Physics
**CN Yang Scholars are not eligible for the following programmes:
- University Scholars Programme (USP)
- Integrated Programme (BSc & MSc) from School of Biological Sciences and School of Physical and Mathematical Sciences
- Integrated Programmes from Schools of Engineering
- Double Degree Programmes
- Double Major Programmes
- Programmes with Business Major
- Programmes with Business Minor
- Programmes with Second Major
List of CN Yang Scholars Programme core courses for Science & Engineering programmes:
Year 1 Semester 1
- CY1001 - Introductory Biology
- CY1101 - Principles of Modern Chemistry
- CY1308 - Physics
- CY1500 - Introductory Research Methodology
- CY1601 - Mathematics I
Year 1 Semester 2
- CY1007 – Living with Climate Change
- CY1307 - Relativity and Quantum Physics
- CY1400 - CN Yang Scholars Programme Undergraduate Research Experience
- CY1602 - Mathematics II
Year 1 Special Terms
CY2003 Research Attachment 3
Year 2 Semester 1
Year 2 Semester 2
- CY0002 Ethics
- CY2002 Research Attachment 2
Year 3 Semester 1 or 2
CY0006 Enterprise, Innovation and Leadership
- Year 1 curriculum with multidisciplinary courses such as Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics, Climate Change and Research Experience.
- Pre-research training as early as Year, 1 through Introductory Research Methodology.
- Innovation-driven projects such as Making & Tinkering during Year 1 Special Terms.
- Research attachment for two continuous semesters at NTU research institutes or external laboratories.
- Overseas Final Year Project from 5 to 8 months (at least 80% return airfare, accommodation, meals, insurance and visa fees will be covered).
- Courses to enhance and breadth and depth of learning such as Writing and Reasoning, Ethics and Enterprise, Innovation & Leadership.
- PhD at NTU or Joint PhD with partner university (optional). Minimum CGPA of 4.00 for application of a scholarship from NTU.