- Be competent and engaged engineering professionals for succeeding in their civil engineering profession;
- Possess problem solving, lifelong learning and digital skills for continuing professional development;
- Be competent in addressing complex civil engineering problems and to provide economical and sustainable solutions;
- Possess effective management and leadership skills within their professional domain; and
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit to seize growth opportunities in infrastucture.
- Examples of courses: Structural Analysis, Project Management & Planning, Engineering Geology & Soil Mechanics, Construction Technology & Processes
- Examples of courses: Civil Engineering & Sustainable Built Environment, Water Resource Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Coastal Engineering, Inland and Coastal Flood Management, Transport Engineering, Highway Engineering
Curriculum also includes Interdisciplinary Collaborative Core (ICC) Courses and Broadening & Deepening Electives.
- 4 years direct honours programme
- Accredited and globally recognised programme
- 20 weeks Professional Internship
- Specialisation in Coastal Protection
GCE ‘A’ LEVEL: H2 Level pass in Mathematics and H2 Level pass in Physics / Chemistry / Biology / Computing and H1 Level / ‘O’ Level pass in Physics for applicants who have not read Physics at H2 Level.
POLYTECHNIC DIPLOMA: An engineering diploma from local polytechnics. Relevant diplomas will be considered for direct entry into the second year (by merit) and may be exempted from selected courses. For the list of acceptable local diplomas, please refer to: admissions.ntu.edu.sg/UndergraduateAdmissions/Pages/PolyDiploma.aspx
INTERNATIONAL BACCALAUREATE DIPLOMA: Mathematics at Higher Level and Physics / Chemistry / Biology / Computer Science at Higher Level and Physics at Standard Level for applicants who have not read Physics at Higher Level.
NUS HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA: Major CAP of 2.0 in Mathematics and Major CAP of 2.0 in Physics / Chemistry / Biology and Overall CAP of 2.0 in Physics for applicants who have not majored in Physics.
INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS: Mathematics at Senior High School Level and Physics / Chemistry / Biology at Senior High School Level and Physics at Junior High School Level for applicants who have not read Physics at Senior High School Level.
Students with outstanding Singapore GCE ‘A’ Level, International Baccalaureate (IB) and NUS High School Diploma results may be eligible for exemptions from up to 3 selected first-year courses, more details could be found via the following link.
Students with outstanding Poly Diploma results admit directly to Second year, may be eligible for exemptions for the course MH1810 Mathematics I.
This is a 4-year Direct Honours Degree Programme that provides a complete education and creates diverse opportunities to harness the talents of students and nurture graduates not limited by boundaries. The University launched an Interdisciplinary Common Core (ICC) curriculum for all undergraduate students which started in August 2021 as part of the NTU 2025 Strategic Plan to improve teaching outcomes and to prepare our students for lifelong learning. Students will also be given the opportunity to have a full semester internship attached to an industrial firm for practical learning experience.
The ICC curriculum consists of the following three main components:
|1.||Interdisciplinary Collaborative Core (ICC) : ~25%|
|➤ University-Level Core: 17 AU|
|2.||Major Requirement (Core & Major Prescribed Electives) : ~60%|
|➤ Core Programme Requirement: 80 AU|
➤ MajorPrescribed Electives (MPE): 3 AU
|3.||Broadening and Deepening Electives (BDE) : ~15%|
|➤ Can be used for Second Major, Minor, Specialisation, Work-Study programme, MOOCs or any electives (including additional MPE)|
Graduates can look forward to careers in various engineering fields related to infrastructure development and urban solutions, to address the most pressing problems of society, and to apply sophisticated technologies to meet society’s needs in an environmentally sustainable manner.
Graduates can look forward to a wide range of career prospects in fields such as infrastructure planning and development, urban planning, construction technology, seismic and protective engineering, structural project procurement and management, water resources engineering, and environmental technologies.
Our graduates are employed in role such as:
- Civil Engineer
- Product Engineer
- Building and Construction Project Manager
- Policy and Planning Manager
- Application Engineer
- Structural Design Engineer
- Transportation Engineer
- Business Consultant
There are more than 40 minors available. Some popular minors are as follows,
- Minor in Business
- Minor in International Trading
Full list could be found via the following link.
- Bachelor of Engineering in Civil Engineering with Second Major in Business
- Bachelor of Engineering in Civil Engineering with a Second Major in Society & Urban Systems
- Bachelor of Engineering in Civil Engineering with a Second Major in Entrepreneurship
- Bachelor of Engineering in Civil Engineering with Second Major in Data Analytics
- Double Degree in Bachelor of Engineering in Civil Engineering and Bachelor of Social Science in Economics