A unique graduate programme, the Master of Science in Financial Engineering (MFE) empowers you to succeed as a dynamic professional in the world of high technology finance.
The MSc Financial Engineering programme aims to equip you with concepts and techniques in Finance, Computer Science and Mathematics. You will learn how to apply sophisticated engineering tools to financial problems, utilising complex analytical and quantitative methods to tackle challenging problems in high-technology finance.
For full programme details, please refer to MSc Financial Engineering.
Experience an enriching and stimulating business education from distinguished faculty members with recognised expertise in their fields and talented peers from diverse cultures and backgrounds. Gain insights from Industry experts from the Speaker Series, exclusively organised for our MFE participants.
- A good bachelor’s degree with strong background in mathematics, statistics, or computer programming.
- Good GMAT or GRE score
- TOEFL or IELTS score, if English was not the medium of instruction at the undergraduate level
- Work experience in the financial sector is preferred but not required
- Round 1: 30 November
- Round 2: 28 February
Non CMU Track (Part-Time): S$63,220.00 (inclusive of GST and enrolment fee)
CMU Track (Full-Time): S$67,500.00 (inclusive of GST and enrolment fee)
CMU Track (Part-Time): S$67,500.00 (inclusive of GST and enrolment fee)
The curriculum will be taught over 3 trimesters (1 year). If you wish to undertake the programme on a part-time basis, you will require 6 trimesters (2 years).
Each trimester is divided into 2 mini terms of 7 weeks each, with two recesses, one in December-January, and another in April-May (Exact dates to be confirmed).
The modules in the MSc Financial Engineering are divided into 3 groups.
FINANCIAL, MATH & STATS
- Calculus & Linear Algebra
- Stochastic Modeling in Asset Pricing
- Stochastic Calculus for Finance
- Probability & Statistics
- Linear Financial Models
- Financial Time Series Analysis
- Numerical Methods for Financial Instrument Pricing(E)
- Simulation Methods for Option Pricing (CMU)
- Advanced Statistical Modeling (E)
- Optimization in Finance (E)
- Corporate Finance
- Asset Pricing Theory
- Bond Portfolio Management
- Equity Portfolio Management
- Derivative Securities
- Interest Rate Derivatives
- Financial Risk Management
- Advanced Risk Management (CMU)
- Studies in Financial Engineering (CMU)
- Term Structure: Theory & Practice (CMU)
- Monetary Economics (E)
- Financial Accounting (E)
- Exotic Options & Structured Products (E)
- Credit Risk - Measurement & Management (E)
- Seminars on Special Topics
- Advanced Topic in FE Studies (E) - Quantitative Management of Bond Portfolio
- Trading Analytics and Processes (E)
- Object Oriented Programming I
- Object Oriented Programming II
- Financial Computing (CMU)
- Financial Engineering Project (CMU)
- Programming Web Applications in Finance (E)
- Artificial Intelligence Techniques in Finance (E)
Our Msc Financial Engineering graduates work primarily in the financial services industry. Industry partners which includes premier financial institutions, technology firms and MNCs are amongst those that recruit NBS graduates for internship and full-time employment year after year, the list includes DBS (Development Bank of Singapore), Standard Chartered, JPMorgan Chase & Co. and Goldman Sachs.