1. What is Ariba Standard Account?
Ariba Standard Account allows free access to Ariba Network to process orders and submit e-invoices. It is free of charge with limited functionalities.
2. What are the functionalities of Ariba Standard Account?
Using Ariba Standard Account allows you to receive and process Purchase Order (PO) sent from NTU, and to submit e-invoice to process for payment after delivery. You can also keep track of PO status and invoices submitted in your Ariba account Workbench. For a detailed overview of Standard Account functionalities, please refer to the answer at Q6.
3. How can I register for a free Ariba Standard Account?
There are 3 ways:
- Walk in registration at Ariba supplier portal;
- Upon receiving of first PO from NTU via the interactive email;
- Upon receiving of Sourcing Invitation from NTU via the interactive email.
4. What should I do when I receive the first PO email from NTU?
Click the "Process Order" link in the email, this will take you to the Ariba Network login page.
|For vendors without Ariba account||· Click on "Register Now" button on the welcome page.|
· Proceed to register for an Ariba account in order to process NTU PO and submit e-invoices
|For vendors with existing Ariba account who has not processed any NTU PO||· Click on "Process Order" button in the PO email and login with your user ID and password|
· Alternatively, click on "Process Order" button in the PO email and sign up for a new Ariba account by clicking on "Register Now" on the welcome page
5. How many users/accounts can we register for our company?
Only ONE main user account (administrator), but multiple sub users under the main user account are allowed. For more details, please refer to pages 11 to 17 of the account configuration user guide.
6. What is the difference between Ariba Standard Account and Enterprise Account?
Please refer to the comparison of Ariba Standard and Enterprise Account.
7. Can I have both Standard Account and Enterprise Account to transact with NTU?
No, only ONE Ariba account per business entity will be linked to NTU for transactions.
8. Can I start with Standard Account and upgrade later?
The account type will be Standard Account by default when you first register for an Ariba account. Please refer to Q6 for more information.
9. I have an Ariba Network account, how do I establish trading relationship with NTU?
The trading relationship between supplier's Ariba account and NTU is established upon the processing of the first PO via interactive email from NTU. Supplier needs to click the "Process Order" button in the PO email to login to their Ariba account and follow through the steps.
10. I did not receive the first PO interactive email, what should I do?
Please contact the NTU SupplierCare Team at [email protected], and they will send you an invitation letter email to establish trading relationship between your Ariba account and NTU. After which, you will be able to search for the PO directly in your Ariba account.
11. Why can't I see any PO from NTU even though I've created an Ariba account?
This is likely due to the absence of trading relationship with NTU. Refer to Q9 for details.
12. How can I process orders and submit invoices through Ariba?
Click on "Process Order" button in the PO interactive email and login to your Ariba account to submit e-invoice.
13. Can the system handle partial delivery/invoicing?
14. I have delivered the goods and I wish to submit e-invoice in Ariba, but the "Create Invoice" button is greyed out, why?
This is likely due to NTU side has not performed goods receipt for that PO. Please contact the requester of the PO to complete goods receipt. Refer to Page 6 of the Ariba e-invoicing user guide for more information.
15. Why do suppliers need to submit e-invoice in Ariba?
E-invoice submission in Ariba helps to reduce payment turnaround time.
16. What is the official billing address for NTU?
Nanyang Technological University
NTU Shared Services Finance
42 Nanyang Avenue, #05-01
Nanyang Technological University
S. Rajaratnam School of International Studies
Block S4, Level B3,
50 Nanyang Avenue,
Nanyang Technology University
Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine
11 Mandalay Road
Nanyang Technological University
Earth Observatory Of Singapore
50 Nanyang Avenue
National Institute of Education
Level 2 Admin Building
1 Nanyang Walk
17. Can I attach soft copy invoice in Ariba during submission of e-invoice?
Yes, however e-invoice will take precedence over the attached soft copy invoice.
18. Do I still need to send the physical invoice to NTU after submitting e-invoice from my Ariba account?
19. What if I hit errors with Ariba invoicing?
Please send email enquiry with attached error message/screenshot to [email protected] for investigation.
20. How do I submit contract invoices or non-PO invoices?
For contract invoicing, you may submit the invoice via Ariba Network. Your Ariba account must be enabled by NTU to create contract invoice. You will be provided with a contract ID for contract invoicing. Kindly check with the procurement executive in charge of your contract with NTU for more details.
For non-PO, please send the pdf softcopy invoices to [email protected]. Pdf invoice must contain the clause "This is a computer-generated document. No signature is required." And "Bill To" name must be spelt in full as "Nanyang Technological University".
21. How do I know if NTU has received the hardcopy invoice?
NTU no longer accepts hardcopy invoice. Please email softcopy pdf invoice to [email protected].
22. How do I check payment status?
Please email to NSS Finance Accounts Payable (AP) Team ([email protected]) with the following information:
- Vendor name
- Invoice number and date
- PO number and Goods Receipt number (if applicable)
- Invoice scan copy (if any)
Participating in a Sourcing Event
23. How can I list my product in NTU catalogue?
NTU will open tender to source for products and services through Ariba system when the need arises, you may look out for Business Opportunities at NTU Supplier Portal.
24. Where do I find business opportunities with NTU?
Please go to the Business Opportunities page.
25. Do I need to register my Ariba account for participation in bid submission for NTU sourcing events?
Yes, you will need to go to the sourcing event page of your interest, click on the "Respond to posting" button to login to your Ariba account. From there, you will have to submit a questionnaire in Ariba so that your account can be approved to be able to participate in bid submission for the NTU sourcing event. For instructions on how to do this, please refer to this User Guide.
26. Where do I submit my bid for "Open Tender"?
Please go to the sourcing event page that you are interested in participating and click on "Respond to posting" button, which prompts you to login to your Ariba account, From there, you will reach the bid submission page. Please refer to the User Guide on how to submit your bid.
27. Is there a maximum file size my attachment can be?
28. How do I know if my bid has been submitted successfully?
When the bid has been submitted successfully, a green notification will appear.
29. Can anyone in NTU confirm my submission?
To ensure fair competition and confidentiality, all submitted bids will be released to NTU only after the tender has closed. Hence, we are unable to advise the status of your submission.
30. I have submitted my bid in Ariba but there is no record. What should I do?
Please refer to Q28. Otherwise, you may return to the bid submission page and look for the "Revise Response" buttom, it means that you have submitted the bid.
31. Is it possible to edit the bids after it has been submitted?
Yes, provided the sourcing event has not been closed yet.
32. Is it possible to withdraw my bid post-sourcing event?
No, submitted bids cannot be modified or withdrawn once the sourcing event is closed.
33. How do I access closed sourcing events?
Login to the Ariba Supplier Network, click on the "Ariba Proposals and Questionnaires" in the drop down menu at the top left-hand corner of the homepage. As the events are closed, you will not be able to post any responses.
34. Is there a limit to how many tenders I can bid on simultaneously?
35. Will I be notified once the tender has been awarded?
Yes, all participated suppliers will be notified.
36. Will there be an award notification sent to the suppliers?
37. Where can I check the awarding result?
You may download the awarding result under the respective sourcing event posted at Business Opportunities at NTU Supplier Portal.
Technical (Ariba Customer Support)
For issues regarding to Ariba system, please approach the Ariba Customer Support.
- Portal related technical issues (eg. website down)
- Password reset
For phone support you may follow below steps:
- a) Go to the Ariba suppliers login page here.
- b) Click on the “?” button on the top right corner of the supplier login page.
- c) In the pop up window, click on “Support” button.
- d) A new window will open the Help Center, you can enter keywords on the search box under the “How can we help you?” to find search results regarding your issue.
- e) If none of the search results can help, please click on the “Contact us” tab on the top left of the Help Center page to raise a support ticket. For faster response, please select Phone Support so the support team can contact you by your phone number.