Off-Campus Housing


The University is located in the west of Singapore and nearby housing estates include Jurong West, Boon Lay, and Jurong East. Depending on your needs, there are various off-campus housing options provided by private companies as well as homeowners. The information below may be helpful in your preparation.

You may refer to the home/room rental scam alert from the National Crime Prevention Council on how to protect yourself from scams when renting an apartment.

Students who are living off-campus are advised to make all housing arrangements prior to arrival in Singapore.

Home rentals in Singapore can be broadly categorised into  public housing [locally known as Housing & Development Board (HDB) flats], and private housing [usually referring to private condominiums and landed properties].

Before entering into a contract or placing a deposit, you may wish to familiarise yourselves with the eligibility conditions, guidelines, etc., for home rentals pertaining to each category of housing, as well to consider engaging the services of a property agent if you require professional assistance.

More information on renting public housing is available here.
Information on renting private housing at private apartments, condominiums and landed homes is available here.
Resources for engaging the services of a property agent is available here.

    Below are some resources for rental listings in Singapore:

    Westwood Hostel

    yo:HA Hostel

    MDIS Residence @ Stirling

    Below are some short-term accommodation resources, should there be a need for transit stay.

    The information and contacts provided above by the Office of Campus Housing (OCH) serves only as a guide and has been gathered in good faith. This does not represent any endorsement, guarantee, warranty or recommend the accuracy of the information or necessarily subscribe to any such opinions or recommendations.