Our integrated and fully residential programme covers a broad spectrum of multidisciplinary subjects bridging engineering, business and humanities. This four-and-a-half-year dual-degree programme comprises Bachelor of Engineering Science (with specialisation in a chosen engineering discipline), awarded by College of Engineering; and Master of Science in Technology Management, awarded by Nanyang Business School.
• Leadership development
• Taught by top faculty (REP Fellows)
• Residential experience and student life
Applicants should possess the requisite pre-university qualifications in order to be admitted to the Programme.
|Qualifications||Minimum Subject Requirements|
|Singapore-Cambridge GCE ‘A’ Level|
|International Baccalaureate Diploma|
|NUS High School Diploma|
Applicants may refer to the NTU Office of Admissions and Financial Aid website for details and advices
All applicants seeking admission to the Renaissance Engineering Programme are required to submit their application via NTU Admissions website. As admission to the REP is in conjunction with admission to a NTU Premier Scholars Programme, applicants are required to submit a personal essay and provide at least 1 referee's appraisal with their applications. Shortlisted candidates are required to attend interviews and produce relevant supporting documents for verification.
The Renaissance Engineering Programme (REP) is an integrated, rigorous and fully residential programme with a curriculum that covers a broad spectrum of multidisciplinary subjects which integrates engineering, science, business, technology management and humanities.
This 4.5-year programme awards a dual-degree:
- Bachelor of Engineering Science degree (with specialisation in a chosen engineering discipline) awarded by the College of Engineering
- Master of Science in Technology Management awarded by the Nanyang Business School
Year 2 specialisation
The Programme includes specialisation drawn from the engineering programme of the six Engineering Schools. Starting from Year 2, you can choose to specialise in one of these areas of discipline:
- Aerospace Engineering
- Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Science
- Electrical & Electronic Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Materials Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
Year 3 - Overseas study
You will take Year 3 at one of the following* overseas partner universities:
- University of California, Berkeley - specialises in engineering, research and entrepreneurship.
- Imperial College London - specialises primarily in science, engineering, management and medicine.
- University of British Columbia - specialises in engineering, research and cross-disciplinary collaboration.
- University of Toronto - specialises in entrepreneurship and innovation with diverse student life.
- University of Waterloo - specialises in problem-based and experiential learning.
*subject to change without notice
Year 3 - Professional Attachment
In Year 3, you will also participate in Professional Attachment in either the United States, the United Kingdom, Europe or Singapore.
Years 4 and 5 – Master of Science (Technology Management) and Renaissance Capstone Project (RCP) or Final Year Project (FYP)
In Years 4 and 5, you will take core and elective courses in the management of technology in addition to completing your undergraduate courses and the Renaissance Capstone Project (RCP) or the Final Year Project (FYP).
REP Core Interdisciplinary Courses (Year 1 to 4)
|Interdisciplinary Collaborative Core (Year 1 to 3)|
(Year 2 to 4)
|Broadening and Deepening Electives|
(Year 3 to 4)
MSc Technology Management
(Year 4 to 5)
1) Mathematics, Sciences And Engineering Discipline
1) Common Core
2) Foundational Core
Core And Elective Courses In Following Engineering Specialisations
Note: These MSc Courses Are Subject To Change
REP graduates will have the potential to develop into next-generation Industry Leaders (including Chief Executive Officers/Chief Technology Officers) who will be at the forefront, enabled and well-positioned for the Grand challenges of Engineering for the 21st Century.
With the broad-based interdisciplinary curriculum of the programme, REP graduates are well-equipped with the knowledge and skills to handle multi-faceted jobs in different industries.
The industries for REP graduates include but not limited to:
- Banking and Finance Industry
- Biomedical & Pharmaceutical
- Consumer Products
- Internet & Information Technology
- Other Engineering Manufacturing & Activities