In collaboration with the Copenhagen Business School (CBS) and Nanyang Business School, students will be provided a unique opportunity to be cross-trained in biomedical sciences/biotechnology and business management with relevance to the biomedical and healthcare sector in Singapore and Southeast Asia.
- Cross-training in biomedical sciences/biotechnology and business/management with relevance to the biomedical/healthcare sector (Biobusiness)
- Due to the partnership with Copenhagen Business School (CBS) exposure will not only be to the biomedical/healthcare Singapore and Southeast Asia, but also Europe.
- The foundational knowledge and skills will be strengthened through professional internship in various business departments at multinational pharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical technology companies and local healthcare institutions.
This is a full time four-year Double Major Programme (Honours) in Biomedical Sciences and BioBusiness.
During the period of study for the Double Major Programme (Honours) in Biomedical Sciences and BioBusiness, a student must pursue such courses of study as may be prescribed by regulations made by the Academic Board on the recommendation of the School of Biological Sciences.
For successful completion of the programme and be eligible for graduation, students are required to fulfil the following requirements:
- (For students admitted in AY2021 and onwards) Students must complete two (2) categories of requirements, totalling at least 140 Academic Units (AUs):
- Major Requirements - 42 AUs for Biomedical Sciences Major and 42 AUs for BioBusiness Major
- Final Year Project (Core)- 12 AUs
- Common Core - 17 AUs
- Common Foundational Core- 15AUs
- Broadening & Deepening Electives – 12AUs
- Major Requirements - 45 AUs for Biomedical Sciences Major and 45 AUs for BioBusiness Major
- Final Year Project + Professional Internship + Professional career development - 24 AUs
- General Education Requirements - 25 AUs