Applying for NRP/NRPjr
NRP & NRPjr: A Comparison
|Application Period||Application will open on 5 February 2021 and will close on 25 February 2021.|
|Eligibility||IP Schools: Year 5 |
JCs: JC 1
Sec Schools: Sec 3
|Submission of Application||1) You must first register for an account. Register for an account here. |
2) An email notification will be sent to you upon successful registration. The email will bear your login details. You will then be able to access the NRP Application Form.
3) Click here to access the NRP application form (link will only go live in February 2022).
The NRP e-application portal is best viewed using the following on a Desktop, Laptop or MacBook only:
- IE versions(7.0, 8.0, 9.0, 10.0)
Mobile phone and tablet web browsers may not support all available functions within this page.
Click here to access the NRPjr application form (link will only go live in February 2022).
|Project Synopses||Click here for a write-up of the projects on offer||Click here for a write-up of the projects on offer|
|Timeline & Information Sheet||Click here to download the Timeline & Information Sheet|
|Application Process Flow|
(for Teacher Coordinators)
|Click here to refer to the application process flow NRP/NRPjr|
Before Applying for the NRP
Canvassing for that ONE Project
All NRP/NRPjr applicants will be allowed to indicate only one project choice in your application form.
Research into the project tropic that piques your interest before making your choice and putting in your application. You will have to provide a write-up articulating your reason(s) for wanting to work on the chosen project and why you feel you are best-suited to work on the project you are applying for. You should keep your essay between 500 to 600 words.
Points you should include in your essay:
- Why have you opted to work on this NRP/NRPjr project?
- Why should you be the group that is selected to work on this project?
- What can you bring to the project? What sets you apart from any other group opting to work on this project?
- What do you hope to achieve from working on this project?
School Recommendation / Endorsement
All applications of the NRP/NRPjr must be recommended/endorsed by the respective school's NRP/NRPjr School Teacher Coordinator.
Do speak with your school's NRP/NRPjr Teacher Coordinator for application details.
The list of NRP/NRPjr Teacher Coordinators can be found here.
Your School's NRP/NRPjr Teacher Coordinator should be your first point of contact should you have any queries.