The NTU Science and Engineering Undergraduate Scholarship is awarded to outstanding applicants from the Asian countries.
- Citizens from Asian countries or regions (except Singapore).
- Successful awardees should read a full-time Engineering or Science undergraduate degree programme leading to a first degree, with the exception of Biomedical Sciences & Chinese Medicine Programme, Renaissance Engineering Programme and Medicine.
- Possess outstanding Year 12 equivalent qualifications.
- Excellent co-curricular records.
- Strong leadership qualities and potential.
The NTU Science and Engineering Undergraduate Scholarship covers up to the normal programme duration on condition that the scholarship holder maintain a record of good academic performance and exemplary conduct.
- Full coverage of subsidised tuition fees (after Tuition Grant) and all compulsory miscellaneous fees.
- Living allowance of S$6,000 per academic year.
- Annual accommodation allowance pegged at the lowest double room rate for on-campus accommodation.
- Settling-in allowance of S$200 (one-off).
- One off computer allowance of S$1,750
- One-way economy class air ticket from home country to Singapore at the commencement of the programme and an economy class air ticket upon completion of the programme.
- Scholarship holder is required to serve a six-year bond with the Sponsor or organisation as directed by the Sponsor, or if not so required to serve, work in a Singapore-registered company.
- Scholarship holder must not, without the approval of the University, hold concurrently any other scholarships, bursaries or university loans.
- Scholarship holder is required to participate in the Community Involvement Programme administered by Student Affairs Office as part of your scholarship bond obligation.
- Scholarship holder is required to maintain a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.5 out of 5.0. Academic performance will be reviewed every semester.
- The Scholarship may be withdrawn at any time if, in the opinion of the University, the scholarship holder's progress or behaviour is deemed unsatisfactory.
- If the scholarship holder decides to terminate the scholarship prematurely, a repayment will be imposed.
The same application period for admissions applies.
Applicants are required to submit your application for admission before submitting your application for scholarship.
- Click here to apply for the scholarship with your assigned application number before the application closing date for that qualification. The scholarship application period is the same as the admission application period. Applications submitted after the closing date will not be considered.
- As part of completing the form, a Personal Essay of not more than 300 words is required. The 3 topics you may write on are shown in the scholarship application form.
- After completing your application form, applicants are required to submit the following:
- upload a recent passport-size photo (digital image).
- submit a referee's appraisal online. The appraisal is to be completed by your school teacher, who must not be your family or relative. After you have submitted your scholarship application, you will be provided with a URL to be forwarded to your school teacher. When you are passing the link to your teacher, please inform him/her of your NTU application number and Date of Birth, as he/she will need the information to submit the appraisal online. Your school teacher is to complete the online appraisal form and submit it within 7 days of your scholarship application. If your teacher is not able to submit it online within 7 days and needs more time, please inform him/her to submit as soon as possible (preferably not more than 2 weeks from your date of scholarship application). Note that only one appraisal may be submitted online to support your application.
Applicants with the following qualifications:
Singapore-Cambridge GCE 'A' Level
Diploma awarded by a polytechnic in Singapore
NUS High School Diploma
- Scholarship selection interviews will take place between March to May.
- Only scholarship applicants that are shortlisted for an interview will be informed via e-mail by mid-May.
Do check your email regularly and be prepared to attend an interview at short notice.
- Scholarship applicants offered either the Medicine programme or Renaissance Engineering Programme are to check with the school for the outcome of their scholarship application.
Applicants with Year 12 equivalent qualifications:
- Scholarship selection interviews will take place within 2 months from the date the NTU programme offer is released to successful students.
- Only scholarship applicants that are shortlisted for an interview will be informed via e-mail within a month from the date of the NTU programme offer.