Donors of the E.W. Barker Scholarship fund aim to nurture talented and committed individuals in their pursuit of undergraduate studies in the areas of sport management, and sport and exercise science. The scholarship offered is for the pursuit of BSc (Hons) in Sport Science & Management at the Nanyang Technological University (NTU) only.
- Open to Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents.
- Successful awardees should read a full-time undergraduate Sport Science & Management Programme in NTU.
- Possess outstanding Singapore-Cambridge GCE 'A' Level, Diploma awarded by a polytechnic in Singapore, Singapore Sports School AUT Diploma, NUS High School Diploma or IB Diploma qualifications.
- Excellent co-curricular records.
- Strong leadership qualities and potential.
The E. W. Barker Scholarship covers up to the normal programme duration of the undergraduate studies on condition that the scholarship holder maintain a record of good academic performance and exemplary conduct.
- S$8,000 per academic year.
- No bond is attached to the E.W. Barker Scholarship apart from the three-year bond applicable to all Singapore PRs under the MOE Tuition Grant Scheme.
- Scholarship holder must not, without the approval of the University, hold concurrently any other scholarships, bursaries or loans.
- Scholarship holder is required to maintain a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.5 over 5.0. Academic performance will be reviewed every semester.
- The Scholarship may be withdrawn at any time if, in the opinion of the University, the scholarship holder's progress or behaviour is deemed unsatisfactory.
- If the scholarship holder decides to terminate the scholarship prematurely, a repayment will be imposed.
The same application period for admissions applies.
Applicants are required to submit your application for admission before submitting your application for scholarship.
Applicants with the following qualifications:
Singapore-Cambridge GCE 'A' level
Diploma awarded by a polytechnic in Singapore
NUS High School Diploma
1. The scholarship application form can be found at the link 'Application for Scholarship' at the end of your online application for admission. You are required to login with the application number assigned to you.
If you have reserved an undergraduate degree programme in NTU, please login here to access the scholarship application form
- As part of completing the form, a Personal Essay of not more than 300 words is required. The 3 topics you may write on are shown in the scholarship application form.
2. Applicants are required to submit the following after completing your application form:
- upload a recent passport-size photo (digital image).
- submit a referee's appraisal online. The appraisal is to be completed by your school teacher, who must not be your family or relative. After you have submitted your scholarship application, you will be provided with a URL to be forwarded to your school teacher. When you are passing the link to your teacher, please inform him/her of your NTU application number and Date of Birth, as he/she will need the information to submit the appraisal online.Your school teacher is to complete the online appraisal form and submit it within 7 days of your scholarship application. If your teacher is not able to submit it online within 7 days and needs more time, please inform him/her to submit as soon as possible (preferably not more than 2 weeks from your date of scholarship application). Note that only one appraisal may be submitted online to support your application.
- Scholarship selection interviews will take place in August/September.
- Only applicants shortlisted for an interview will be informed via email by September.
Applicants that are not shortlisted will not receive any email communication.