- Support efforts for on-campus testbedding projects in areas including innovative green energy, lower carbon footprint and waste management technologies
- Undertake clean energy and autonomous vehicle development and pilot projects both on and off campus
- Encourage the use of digital technologies to improve working, learning and living experiences on campus
- Convert all NTU buildings to Greenmark Platinum certification
- Set an ambitious target of halving our net energy utilisation, water usage, and waste generation each by March 2026, compared to the levels of 2011
Under the NTU 2025 strategic plan, the University will redouble its sustainability efforts across the campus.
Addressing technology's impact on humanity
How will humans, the workforce, and society respond to rapid changes in technology?
To examine technology and its relationship with humanity and society, focus areas for this grand challenge will encompass academic and intellectual disciplines catalysing Industry 4.0, business and commerce, public policy, as well as the humanities and social sciences.