The curriculum meets American Chemical Society (ACS) guidelines ensuring that our students are qualified to be professional chemists or to enter graduate school in the chemical sciences.
The programme begins with the fundamentals of modern chemistry, including organic and biological chemistry, inorganic chemistry, analytical chemistry, physical chemistry, and forensic science. Students go on to study advanced and industrially-relevant topics including organometallic chemistry, spectroscopy, green chemistry, and drug design. In each year of study, students have the opportunity to do a research project to hone their creativity and explore the latest in chemistry research.
Minimum Subject Requirements
|Minimum Subject Requirements
|Singapore-Cambridge GCE A-Level
|H2 Level pass in Chemistry and Mathematics/Physics.
|Relevant diploma. Click here for more information.
|International Baccalaureate Diploma
|Pass in Chemistry and Mathematics/Physics at Higher Level.
|NUS High School Diploma
|Major CAP of 2.0 in Chemistry and Mathematics/Physics.
|Others (including international applicants)
|A good grade in Chemistry and Mathematics/Physics at the senior high school level, equivalent to the Singapore-Cambridge GCE A-Level or International Baccalaureate.
This is a full-time four-year Bachelor of Science programme.
Usually taken in Year 4.
|22 (12) AU
|Interdisciplinary Collaborative Core: Common Core
|Interdisciplinary Collaborative Core: Foundational Core
|10 (15) AU
Broadening and Deepening Electives (BDE)
Can take BDEs offered by any School.
|27 (32) AU
- This curriculum applies to students matriculating in 2021 or later.
Click here for the curricula for other matriculation years.
- AU figures in brackets (x) indicate the number of AU if the semester long internship is selected.
- Must read either Honours Project 1 (CM4080) or Professional Internship (CM4081).
For AY23 and before
- A grade of A- or better in the Final Year Project is require to be eligible for Honours (Highest Distinction).
For AY24 and after
- A minimum CGPA of 4.50 and at least an ‘A-‘ grade for the Final Year Project (FYP), are required to be eligible for Honours (Highest Distinction) degree.
- A minimum CGPA of 4.00 and a ‘Pass’ grade for the Final Year Project (FYP), are required to be eligible for Honours (Distinction) degree.
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry and Biological Chemistry with Second Major in Business (International Trading)
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry and Biological Chemistry with Second Major in Data Analytics
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry and Biological Chemistry with Second Major in Environmental Science
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry and Biological Chemistry with Second Major in Food Science and Technology