The Accountancy for Future Leaders (Bachelor of Accountancy in Sustainability Management and Analytics) is a four-year premier programme leading to direct honours. Designed for students aiming to stand out in the accounting profession, this degree is a result of close collaboration with the Accountancy and Corporate Regulatory Authority (ACRA), positioning graduates as the future leaders of business.
As the first of its kind in Singapore, our programme features an integrated curriculum weaving together sustainability management, analytics, and a unique internship component. The 30-week internship will be with premier employers recognised as Accredited Training Organisations (ATOs) by ACRA, ensuring adherence to professional standards, abundant accountancy resources, and commitment to career development.
The internship provides valuable real-world experience with a competitive stipend, expediting your journey towards becoming a Chartered Accountant (Singapore). This hands-on experience significantly contributes to the mandatory three-year practical experience required for qualification. Moreover, our dynamic curriculum offers exemptions from specific Singapore Chartered Accountant Qualification (SCAQ) professional exams, allowing you to accumulate professional experience seamlessly while pursuing your degree.
Take the opportunity to elevate your aspirations, redefine your academic journey, and emerge as a trailblazer in the accountancy world with our forward-thinking programme. Your path to Chartered Accountant (Singapore) status and future business leadership begins here.
The first of its kind in Singapore to feature:
- An integrated curriculum weaving together sustainability management and analytics.
- An accelerated pathway attaining Chartered Accountant (Singapore) status with
- An accountancy-related internship of 30 weeks with premier employers recognised as Accredited Training Organisations (ATOs) by ACRA. This internship reinforces professional standards and career development in the accountancy profession. The internship, which comes with a competitive stipend and contributes to the mandatory three-year practical experience required for qualification as a Chartered Accountant (Singapore);
- Exemptions from a number of Singapore Chartered Accountant Qualification (SCAQ) professional examinations, allowing you to accumulate professional credentials while pursuing your degree.
- Multiple overseas experiences
- Opportunity to undertake a study mission to a country in the region to examine sustainability-related issues;
- Opportunity for semester-long exchanges at a top-tier university
For details on our admission requirements, please refer to the following links:
NUS High and polytechnic graduates may be granted course exemptions for a relevant accountancy or business core courses based on their qualifications.
Course exemptions include:
- NUS High Graduates
If you have taken both MA5107 Statistics and MA6207 AP Statistics, and scored at least B+ for MA6207, you will be eligible for exemption from the first-year core course, AB1202 Statistics & Analysis.
- Polytechnic Graduates
You may be granted an exemption for a relevant first-year course related to the Diploma you have obtained. Note that only Diplomas listed in Annex A are allowed exemptions. Students who are considering an exemption for AC1103 Accounting I, please see the special instructions here.
Nanyang Business School students transferring from other programmes can seek exemptions and credit transfers for similar or relevant courses covered in their previous programme of study.
Students transferring from other universities should submit an Exemption Request Form together with their degree audit/transcript, and detailed outline of the course(s) via email to NBS Registration for review and consideration. Students applying for course exemptions must submit their application before the end of the second week of the first semester for their enrolment.
If you opt for an exemption, you:
- Are deemed to have fulfilled the course requirements and the required number of Academic Units.
- Do not need to attend the lectures, tutorials, seminars, or examinations for the exempted course(s).
- Will not be given a grade for the exempted course(s).
Exempted courses do not count towards your Grade Point Average and have no bearing on the classification of the honours that you will be awarded.
If you are eligible for a core course exemption, you do not have to take up the offer. For example, you may prefer to read the course at the undergraduate level as a useful refresher of the higher-level courses. In which case, no action is needed on your part. Simply attend the course as scheduled in your timetable.
Four years, with direct honours.
Number of courses to be taken:
Major requirement - ASA Core
Interdisciplinary Collaborative Core (ICC)
Major Prescribed Electives (MPE)
Work-Study (30 weeks)
List of ASA Core Courses
Accountancy Core Courses (10 courses)
Specialisation Core (12 Courses)
Work-Study Core (1 Course) (30 weeks)
List of University Core ICC
|List of College Core ICC
List of MPE
Choose 5: at least 2 from each
A. Sustainability Management Related Electives (MPE)
B. Business Analytics Related Electives (MPE)
30-Week Work-Study Programme (WSDeg)
The aim of the 30-Week Work-Study Programme (WSDeg) with ATOs is to equip our students with extended experiential learning and industry exposure to develop the skills, attitudes and behaviours to be a Chartered Accountant of Singapore.
The International Federation of Accountants’ (IFAC) International Education Standard (IES) 5 states, “Practical experience, gained by performing the work of professional accountants, in addition to the acquisition of knowledge through professional accounting education programs, is considered necessary before candidates can present themselves to the public as professional accountants.”
The CA (Singapore) qualification is the national accountancy qualification that is globally recognised and portable.
Career roles in sustainability management and business analytics.