- Open to Singapore Citizens.
- Successful awardees should read a full-time undergraduate Medicine programme in NTU.
- Possess outstanding Singapore-Cambridge GCE 'A' level, Diploma awarded by a polytechnic in Singapore, NUS High School Diploma or IB Diploma qualifications
- Outstanding contributions or attributes in other areas such as community service, student leadership, or sporting excellence.
- Preference will be given to students from lower income families.
The Toh Kian Chui Scholarship covers up to the normal programme duration on the condition that the scholarship holder maintain a record of good academic performance and exemplary conduct.
- Full coverage of subsidised tuition fees (after Tuition Grant).
- Living allowance of S$6,000 per academic year.
- Book allowance of S$500 per academic year.
- The scholarship holder must not hold concurrently any other scholarships, bursaries or university loans, without the approval of LKCMedicine.
- The scholarship holder is required to maintain a satisfactory academic performance. Academic performance will be reviewed every academic year.
- The Scholarship may be withdrawn at any time if, in the opinion of LKCMedicine, the scholarship holder's progress or conduct is deemed unsatisfactory.
- If the scholarship holder decides to terminate the scholarship prematurely, a repayment will be imposed.
- There is no bond attached apart from the 5-year bond with the Ministry of Health upon completing the undergraduate course.
The same application period for admissions applies.
Applicants* are required to submit their application for admission before submitting their application for scholarship.
Applicants with the following qualifications:
Singapore-Cambridge GCE 'A' level
Diploma awarded by a polytechnic in Singapore
NUS High School Diploma
- The scholarship application form can be found at the link 'Apply for Scholarship' at the end of your online application for admission. You are required to login with the application number assigned to you.
- As part of completing the form, a Personal Essay of not more than 300 words is required. The 3 topics you may write on are shown in the scholarship application form.
- Applicants are required to submit the following after completing your application form:
- upload a recent passport-size photo (digital image).
- upload a copy of family Identification documents and income documents together with the Document Checklist (upload as 1 file). A copy of the Document Checklist is available here.
- submit a referee's appraisal online. The appraisal is to be completed by your school teacher, who must not be your family or relative. After you have submitted your scholarship application, you will be provided with a URL to be forwarded to
your school teacher. When you are passing the link to your teacher, please inform him/her of your NTU application number and Date of Birth, as he/she will need the information to submit the appraisal online. Your school teacher is to complete
the online appraisal form and submit it within 7 days of your scholarship application. If your teacher is not able to submit it online within 7 days and needs more time, please inform him/her to submit as soon as possible (preferably
not more than 2 weeks from your date of scholarship application). Note that only one appraisal may be submitted online to support your application.
*Applicants who have a reserved place at Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine (LKCMedicine) need not apply as the School has considered all applicants for scholarship in the year of application.
- Scholarship selection interviews will take place between March to May.
- Only scholarship applicants that are shortlisted for an interview will be informed via email by mid May.
- Do check your email regularly and be prepared to attend an interview at short notice.