The Part-Time Bachelor of Engineering (Electrical & Electronic Engineering) degree is designed for those with polytechnic diploma or equivalent qualifications who would like to further their studies on a part-time basis while continuing to work.
The part-time students take the same examination as their full-time counterparts and receive the same BEng degree in Electrical & Electronic Engineering, which is wholly recognized by reputable professional institutions such as:
- The Institution of Engineering and Technology of the United Kingdom (IET)
B Eng (Hons) equivalent to MEng (UK)
Eligible for Chartered Engineer Registration
- Engineering Accreditation Board, Singapore (EAB)
Recognised worldwide under the Washington Accord
- Professional Engineers Board, Singapore (PEB)
Eligible for Professional Engineer Registration
- The Institution of Engineers, Singapore (IES)
The normal period of study is 4 years. Students may be allowed to complete the course in not more than 6 years. The degree programme will leverage on active collaborative learning pedagogies to promote learning and teaching in both online and offline spaces. Technology-enriched classes empower adult learners to learn anytime, anywhere in order to strike a good balance between their work and study commitments, and at the same time fulfil their desire to obtain a professional degree.
- Applicants who have a Diploma in Electrical/Electronic Engineering from one of the local polytechnics in Singapore. Final year polytechnic students are welcome to apply.
- Admission is based on academic merit and preference is given to those with working experience.
- For a list of approved diplomas, please click here.
- 4 years
Core & Electives (77 AUs)
- From Computational Thinking to Programming
- Mathematics A
- Physics A
- Physics Foundation for Electrical & Electronic Engineering
- Circuit Analysis
- Analog Electronic
- Digital Electronics
- Semiconductor Fundamentals
- Electrical Devices & Machines
- Engineering Mathematics I
- Engineering Mathematics II
- Data Structure & Algorithms
- Signal & Systems
- Engineering Electromagnetics
- Intro to EEE Design & Project
- Final Year Project
- 2 Third Year Prescribed Electives *
- 2 Design + 3 Technical Prescribed Electives **
Interdisciplinary Collaborative Core Requirements
Common Core (15 AUs)
- Inquiry & Communication in the Inter-Disciplinary World
- Navigating the Digital World
- Ethics & Civics in a Multicultural World
- Healthy Living & Mental Wellbeing
- Sustainability: Society, Economy & Environment
- Science & Technology for Humanity
Foundation Core (5 AUs)
- Intro to Data Science & Artificial Intelligence
- Engineering Communication
Third Year Prescribed Electives *
- Modelling & Control
- Communication Principles
- Power System & Conversion
- Computer Communications
- Integrated Electronics
Final Year Prescribed Electives **
Electrical & Systems Engineering
- Electrical Power & Energy / Intelligent Systems & Control Engineering
- Integrated Circuits (IC) Design
- Communications Engineering / Computer Engineering
The School’s Bachelor of Engineering programmes are accredited by the Institution of Engineers Singapore (IES) through its Engineering Accreditation Board. IES is the Singapore signatory of the Washington Accord - an international agreement for mutual recognition of the substantial equivalence of engineering academic programmes, in satisfying the requirements for practising engineering at the professional level.
Our curricula provide an excellent foundation for either graduate study or employment. Education and research activities are strongly aligned with our mission and Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs).
PEOs are broad statements that describe the career and professional accomplishments that the programme is preparing graduates to achieve. Our PEOs are aligned closely with EAB’s Student Learning Outcomes (SLOs).
They are narrower statements that describe what students are expected to know and be able to do when they graduate. Each programme also must satisfy a set of criteria specific to it, known as Specific Programme Criteria (SPC). The stipulations in the SPC chiefly concern curricular issues and qualifications of faculty.
- Application is at Part-time B.Eng from 1 December to 21 February.
- Courses commence in August each year.
- Tuition Fee
Please click here for more info.