A reciprocal agreement has been made with NUS, SMU, SUSS and SUTD to offer student exchange programme. Through this programme, students at the 5 institutions are able to study and experience student's life at a host institution while pursuing their degrees
in their university.
In NTU, SUSEP is administered by the Office of Academic Services and supported by the Schools.
The following options are available for students (NUS or SMU or SUSS or SUTD) participating in the programme:
- Partial Exchange
Take a few approved courses in NTU and the remaining in your home university. Students are to ensure that the courses and examination timetables of their home university courses they wish to take will not clash with those that they are taking in NTU.
- Full Exchange
Do one semester of studies of approved courses entirely at NTU.
Students should ascertain with the advice of their institution's academic counsellor that they have met the equivalent pre-requisites, if any, of the NTU courses.
For students who are taking a few courses at NTU and the remaining in their own university, it is important for them to check and ascertain that they can fit the approved courses with their registered courses in their university.
Please note that there are certain courses which are not offered to exchange students. NTU courses are highly competitive and popular, and there is no guarantee that you will be allocated courses you express interest in.
The financial responsibility of students participating in SUSEP is as follows:
- Tuition, academic and obligatory fees at the home university. These fees will be waived at NTU;
- Medical/health insurance;
- Obligatory expenditure required in NTU;
- Personal and living expenses, including accommodation and food; and
- Debts incurred for the duration of their study at the host university.
Academic Year 2022-2023 Miscellaneous Fees will be available in May 2022. Below are the Academic Year 2021-2022 Miscellaneous Fees for reference only.
|Miscellaneous Student Fees||Per Semester (Inclusive of GST)|
|Singapore Permanent Residents / International Students ||S$134.90|
The use of non-academic or non-obligatory facilities, services and functions at NTU may require the payment of fees by the exchange student.
Please note that students on local exchange are not eligible for on-campus accommodation.
- Obtain the information on the NTU courses, class schedule and examination timetable (refer to Registration of Courses tab).
- Please note that some NTU courses are extremely popular and allocation cannot be guaranteed. Please click here to check for courses with restriction before submitting the course selection.
- Consult your institution's academic counsellor on the suitability of your choice of courses.
- Complete the NTU online application form.
Closing date for application
Semester 1 : 30 April 2022
Semester 2 : 15 October 2022
Your selection of courses will be subject to NTU's approval and vacancies availability. Upon acceptance, you would be issued with a letter of admission with a copy forwarded to your university. You would be informed of the approved courses and advised on the collection of your matriculation cards, class timetable and other related matters in the letter.
Please note that all rules and regulations pertaining to course registration and examinations would apply to you. At the end of the programme, NTU would send your academic transcript to your university within one month after the release of examination results.