Exempt Category 5
Exempt Category 5 - Research conducted or supported by government
Exempt category 5 involves research which are designed to study, evaluate, or otherwise examine either one of the following:
- Public benefit or service programs
- Procedures for obtaining benefits or services under these programs
- Possible changes in or alternatives to these programs or procedures
- Possible changes in methods or levels of payment for benefits or services under these program
- The programme under study must deliver a public benefit such as financial/medical benefits, or service such as social, supportive or nutrition services.
- The research or demonstration project must be conducted pursuant to specific government authority.
- The project must not involve significant physical invasions or intrusions upon the privacy of participants.
- The study methodology must fulfil the criteria of "less than minimal risk".
- Studies initiated by PI through grants obtained via open or closed grant calls.