PHSN (Matric Yr 2022-2023)
BSc in Physics / Applied Physics
with Second Major in Sustainability
Curriculum (Matriculation Year 2022-2023)
- Core Courses
- Major Prescribed Electives:
- Second Major Courses
|Course Type||Academic Units (AU)|
|Option with PA & FYP||Option with PI without FYP||Option with PI & FYP|
|Core Courses||61 AU||61 AU||61 AU|
Prescribed Electives for Physics or Applied Physics
Students must take at least 3 AU of PH4XXXX course from the Prescribed Electives courses.
|13 AU||8 AU||13 AU|
|Interdisciplinary Collaborative Core: Common Core||17 AU||17 AU||17 AU|
|Interdisciplinary Collaborative Core: Foundational Core||10 AU||15 AU||15 AU|
Broadening and Deepening Electives (BDE)
|30 AU||30 AU||30 AU|
|Total||131 AU||131 AU||136 AU|
- Must read either Professional Attachment (PH4416) during Special Terms or the semester long internship Professional Internship (PH4420).
- Must read either Final Year Project (PH4421) or Professional Internship (PH4420).
- A grade of A- or better in the Final Year Project is required to be eligible for Honours (Highest Distinction).
Prescribed Electives for Physics
Prescribed Electives for Applied Physics (APHY)
Second Major Courses
To be awarded the Second Major in Sustainability, students must read a minimum total of 30 AU as Broadening and Deepening Electives (BDEs), comprising:
- 5 core courses (5 courses x 3 AU = 15 AU): 1 core course in each knowledge area (People, Planet, Profit, Practice, Policy).
- A minimum total of 12 AU from elective courses.
- Interdisciplinary Project (3 AU) dedicated to a cross-school group work project, selected from a list of competitions and initiatives.
The list of courses can be found here.