Replacement of non-degree certificate

    The non-degree certificate1 is a record of static information – the graduate’s name, degree earned, prevailing University signatories, as at the time the degree was conferred by the University President. In addition, with the evolution of the University’s governance structure, the appearance as well as the signatories on non-degree certificates may have changed over the years.

    The non-degree certificate is a unique and important document and each graduate is only issued the hard copy non-degree certificate once. There can only be one hard copy in existence for each graduate at any time for the same qualification and additional copies or duplicates are not available. Graduates should retain the original certificate and it should not be given to others under any circumstances.

    In the event that the original non-degree certificate is lost or damaged, a replacement of non-degree certificate may be requested. The replacement certificate will be printed using the prevailing NTU or NIE-NTU certificate format with the current NTU or NIE-NTU signatories and will contain the statement ‘Replacement Copy’ on the reverse page of the certificate. The name printed in the replacement certificate must be identical to the original in accordance with the NIE official records. Any name change after graduation will not be reflected in the replacement certificate.

    Submission of Replacement Request

    For replacement of lost non-degree certificate, a police report or statutory declaration is required as supporting document. The statutory declaration to file the loss of your NIE non-degree certificate shall be made at a notary public located in the city you are residing in. Self-declaration will not be accepted. Statutory declaration which are not made in English shall be submitted together with translations in English.

    The statutory declaration shall include the following information:

    1. Graduate’s full name (as per NRIC)
    2. Date of birth
    3. NRIC number/passport number used in NIE
    4. NIE matric number
    5. Name of qualification awarded
    6. When qualification was awarded
    7. When the certificate was lost or damaged

    For replacement of non-degree certificate which is damaged, the original certificate should be submitted.

    Please complete and submit the Replacement of Degree Certificate Request Form together with the relevant supporting documents to [email protected] .

    The replacement fee is S$109.00 (inclusive of GST). Payment must be made after we have approved your request. The processing time is about 4 weeks upon receipt of all requirement documents and full payment of the replacement fee and postage fee (if applicable). Any payment made is not refundable.


    1Include Diploma, PGDE, PGDHE, PGDipTHE, PGDipELT.