Due to the current waitlist, we are unable to accept any registration or request for psychological assessments. We are extremely sorry for any inconvenience caused. Thank you for your kind understanding.
|Counselling Services provided by Trainee Psychologists||Fees|
NIE Staff and Students
|NTU Staff||$30 per hour|
*Invoice to Organisation
|Unemployed adults and students||$15 per hour|
|Employed adults||$30 per hour|
Psychological Assessments conducted by
|Psychological Assessments (including reports)||$300|
|Letter for School (Examination purposes)||$30|
- Personal counselling to individuals, couples and families
- Career and academic counselling
- Psychological Assessments for adults (Cognitive and Personality)
- Psychological Assessment for Children (Assessment and management of children's behavioral issues, learning difficulties and giftedness)
- Vocational and Career Assessment
- Career Coaching
- Reassure students that the services the NIE Wellness Centre provides are confidential
- Remind students that our services are FREE
- Convey to the student that you are concerned about him or her
- Encourage the student to "try it and see how it goes"
- Remind students that there is nothing wrong about seeking help
5 Ways to Look After Your Emotional Health
Did you know that having breakfast can improve your grades? In your hurry to get to school or work (yes, those 7.30am days!), you may be tempted to skip breakfast. But that means you might be less attentive and remember less from your lessons. A balanced diet is important for good health, so that you can lead a full and active life. This definitely means Big Mac or McSpicy burgers for every meal are a no-no. Junk food can cause extreme swings in energy level and mood. If you need advice on how to improve your diet, do see a dietician or ask a friend whom you know eats healthily.
How Can Counselling Help Me?
- Talk about things that are troubling you, that you find difficult to share even with your friends, family and supervisors;
- Learn more about yourself and your relationships with others;
- Find out ways to manage stress;
- Have a safe space to try and increase your confidence and self-esteem.
- For all emergency situations: NIE Campus Security 6790 3999
- For psychological emergency situation after office hours: 6904 7041
- a consultation with our NIE Wellness Centre Staff at 6790 3318 or
- the IMH Emergency Help Line at 6389 2222 can help determine if emergency treatment is needed.
- Elicits serious and immediate concern about safety (either the person's or your own)
- Or about the person's ability to function (e.g. poor contact with reality)
- Police 999
- SCDF 995
- Samaritans of Singapore (SOS) 1800 221 4444