- You are a local or international student seeking admission as a full-time candidate for Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) programme at NIE
- You have a Bachelor's degree with honours at least at Second Class Upper level, Master's degree in the relevant areas and the ability to pursue research in your proposed field of advanced study
- You must not be on paid employment or accept paid employment or concurrently hold any other scholarship, fellowship, bursary or top-up allowance during the prescribed period of the award
- For Singapore Citizens, Central Provident Fund (CPF) contributions shall be provided at a rate pegged to the prevailing employer's contribution rate set by CPF, on top of the monthly stipend received.
- The scholarship award will also cover the annual tuition fee.
- The scholarship shall be tenable for one year in the first instance and renewed annually subject to the scholar's satisfactory progress. The maximum period of award is 4 years from the date of admission into the PhD programme.
- Students must perform teaching/ laboratory supervision duties to fulfil the requirements of the Graduate Assistantship Programme (GAP).
- There shall be no bond of service in Singapore attached to the scholarship.
- The monthly stipend will be S$3,000.
No separate form is required for the application of National Institute of Education PhD Scholarship. Candidates may apply for the scholarship by indicating in the online application form.
Successful candidates will be informed on the outcome of their application together with the offer of admissions via email. They are required to observe the terms and conditions for the award of the Scholarship.