NIE Semester Exchange provides the opportunity for student teachers to read courses in an overseas partner university for a full semester while exploring a new country and culture.
This Semester Exchange is open for student teachers who meet the following criteria:
- You must be in your 2nd year of the BA/BSc Double Major Programme OR crossover from Diploma cohort who have achieved 69 AUs
- You are due to undergo the Semester Exchange for Semester 1 of the academic year
- Your CGPA is 3.60 and above at the point of application
- You must maintain your CGPA 3.60 and above after the release of examination results for this semester.
- Video Guide for Core & Prescribed Elective
- Guide for General Elective: PDF [to be updated]
- Please click HERE for the Course Matching Form.
Successful candidates for this exchange programme are also ambassadors of NIE and Singapore. Hence, you are expected to maintain the good name of the institute and the country.
You are expected to abide by the laws of the host country, as well as abide by the rules and regulations of the host university and school.
In accepting the offer for this Semester Exchange, you are also consenting to securing your own finances to pay for the costs associated with this exchange, without any further financial support from NIE or MOE.
You may be called upon to share your experiences with your peers or juniors back at NIE after completion of the practicum exchange.
- Withdrawal from the NIE Semester Exchange only applies after students have accepted their Allocation Offer. Actions prior to that, such as cancelling your online application or rejecting an Allocation Offer by the deadline, are NOT considered a withdrawal and will NOT incur any penalties or affect priority for future applications.
- For withdrawal application from NIE Semester Exchange, please write to [email protected]
Reason(s) for Withdrawal
- Valid reasons are circumstances that occur outside of or despite the student's good planning or control. These circumstances include:
- unforeseen medical issues/illness that prevent student from participating in the programme or exchange destination
- death, illness in the family or sudden changes in financial situation
- The validity of reason is ultimately subject to the NIE OTE's discretion.
NIE International Practicum and Semester Exchange
International & School Partnerships
Email: [email protected]