Assoc Prof Lee Jong-Min
School of Chemical and Biomedical Engineering
Energy Research Institute @ NTU (ERI@N)
Phone: (+65) 6513 8129
Assoc Prof Lee Jong-Min received his Ph.D. degree from the Department of Chemical Engineering at Columbia University. Currently, he is an associate professor in the School of Chemical and Biomedical Engineering at Nanyang Technological University.
Prof Lee's research interest is in analysis and design of electrochemical systems and development of ionic liquid as a green solvent for chemical and biomedical reactions and of nanomaterials and of their assemblies for applications in chemical, biomedical, optical, and electronic fields.
Currently, his research interests focus on:
- the development of mesoporous materials for electrochemical systems and chemical systems,
- the development of ionic liquids as media for chemical and biomedical reactions,
- the extraction of metal ions using ionic liquids,
- the conversion of biomass to valuable chemicals,
- and the detoxification of e-waste plastic and The e-waste reuse and value creation.