The School of Materials Science and Engineering has undergone substantial transformation over the years. While continuing to equip students with the latest scientific and technological skills sets much needed by the industry, the School has evolved into a hub of excellence in its niche areas of research. As part of NTU’s College of Engineering, MSE is now recognised worldwide as a premier research institution with top universities, multinational corporations and R&D institutions as its research collaborators and funding partners.
The School of Materials Science and Engineering (MSE) provides a vibrant and nurturing environment for staff and students to carry out inter-disciplinary research in key areas such as:
- Energy Generation & Storage Materials
- Nanomaterials / Low-Dimensional Materials
- Bioinspired / Sustainable Materials
- Biomaterials / Biological Materials
- Defense / Functional Composite Materials
- Computational / Characterisation Materials Science