Welcome to National Institute of Education (NIE) website. This statement demonstrates NIE’s firm commitment to respect your individual privacy on the Site and to properly manage, protect and process your personal data. For this reason, we would like to explain how we process your personal data when you interact with us.
- If you are only browsing this website or using the ‘Search’ function, we do not capture data that allows us to identify you individually. This site automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, and the page(s) requested. We do not associate IP addresses to anything personally identifiable. This means that user sessions will be tracked, but the users will remain anonymous.
- If you choose to send an application or an e-mail that contains personally identifiable data, for us to process the application or to render you a service, we may share relevant data within NIE, NTU, or if necessary, with other public organisations or educational institutions, so as to serve you efficiently and effectively, unless such sharing is prohibited by legislation. We may also need to disclose personal data as required by law or a court order. We will not share your personal data with private organisations, except where such entities have been authorised to carry out specific NIE services.
- For your convenience, when you are carrying out a transaction using your personally identifiable data, we may also display to you data you had previously supplied to us or to other public or private agencies that have been authorised to carry out specific NIE services. This will speed up the transaction and save you the trouble of repeating previous submissions. Should the data be out-of-date, please supply us with the latest data. We will retain your personal data only as necessary for the effective delivery of NIE services to you.
- To safeguard your personal data, all electronic storage and transmission of personal data are secured with appropriate security measures.
- This site may contain links to other independently run websites within the NIE network and to some sites outside the “nie.edu.sg” and “nie.sg” domain whose data protection and privacy practices may be different from ours. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites.
- For more information on NTU Data Protection and Privacy Statement, you may visit this link.
NIE respects the privacy of individuals and ensures that the personal data of individuals are collected, used and disclosed in compliance with the provisions and principles under the PDPA. For more information on NTU/NIE Personal Data Protection Statement, you may visit this link.
NIE Data Protection Officer
Name: Mr Kristopher O'Brien
Email: [email protected]
For general enquiries or assistance concerning PDPA or DNC Registry, please feel free to email NIE PDPA office at [email protected].