The Master of Science (MSc) in Analytics programme is an interdisciplinary post-graduate programme suitable for professionals seeking to leverage business analytics in their respective fields, as well as recent college graduates pursuing a career in the data science industry.
Analytics is the science of finding patterns in data to aid decision making. It is an interdisciplinary field rooted in applied mathematics, with a wide range of applications in business, finance, and industry. Modern businesses are turning toward increasingly sophisticated analytics methods to offer improved shopping suggestions to consumers, target previously-neglected markets, and improve the efficiency of their internal logistical processes and workflows.
The MSc in Analytics programme provides the skills and knowledge for applying cutting-edge data science techniques to business challenges in the modern economy.
The MSc in Analytics programme is an intensive one-year full-time or two-year part-time programme by coursework taught in three trimesters. Upon completion of the study, students are awarded a Master of Science (MSc) in Analytics degree.
The programme consists of a total of 30 Academic Units (AU), with 24 AU stemming from core courses and 6 AU from elective courses:
- 11 Core Courses
- 11 Elective Courses (Choose Under Curriculum)
- 1 Analytics Practicum Courses (Self-sourced Internship)
- Ad-hoc Seminars on Analytics Software Tools
- Ad-hoc Seminars from Industry Professionals
The curriculum strongly emphasises the application of analytics on real-world data and includes one practicum core course of 6 AU. Our full-time students had internships in organisations for the practicum course, including APL, BreadTalk, Charles & Keith, DHL, Experian, Grab, UPS, Shopee, Lazada, DBS, UOB, Johnson & Johnson, JR Group, Lenovo, MSD, PSA, and PwC.
The requirements for graduation are:
- Successful completion of all requirements as prescribed by the programme of study; and
- Attainment of a minimum CGPA of 2.50 at the completion of the programme of study.
On average, full-time students take 4-5 classes a week, and part-time students take 2-3 classes a week.
The admission criteria are as follows:
- A good Bachelor's Degree in a quantitative discipline (mathematics, statistics, engineering, computer science etc.) is preferred.
- A good TOEFL score (92 or more) or IELTS score (6.5 or more) for graduates of universities in which English is not the medium of instruction.
- A good GMAT score of 650 or a GRE score of 315 is required (Graduates from autonomous universities in Singapore are exempted).
- A recommendation letter/referee report is preferred but not required.
Applicants may upload their TOEFL, IELTS, GMAT or GRE score via the online application.
Refer to Coursework Programmes Admission Guide for the general requirements for admission.
NOTE: Complete set of supporting documents (must be legible) have to be uploaded via the fully digital application portal. Do not send a hardcopy admission package unless requested.
Application Procedure and Timeline
Apply online here
|November 2022 to January 2023|
|Offer and Acceptance|
Acceptance and deposit payment must be completed within two weeks of the offer.
Check the application status here.
|March to April 2023|
|Course Commencement||August 2023|
|Check Application/Result Status|
|Owing to a large number of applicants, we are unable to attend to phone or email enquiries on application status/results. Click here to check your application status after you have made a successful online payment.|
Enrolling students must undergo a medical check-up and obtain a receipt certifying that they are medically fit for studies. This certification must be presented before matriculation. Details about the check-up will be provided upon acceptance into the programme.
The tuition fees for Academic Year 2023/24 are as follows:
|Deposit Fee||S$ 5,400 (Deposit fee will be used to offset first payment)|
|Tuition Fee||S$ 56,700|
|Payment Schedule||Students will be billed in two instalments|
|Note||Application fee S$21.40|
1. All fees listed are inclusive of the prevailing GST of 8% and will be revised to 9% in January 2024
2. The deposit of S$5,400 is payable upon acceptance of the offer.
3. A one-time miscellaneous fee will be billed every academic year. Please click here for details
4. Tuition fees do not include the cost of recommended textbooks and other course materials. The costs of travel, accommodation and miscellaneous expenses must be borne by the student.
5. The fees are reviewed annually and are subject to revision.