To be eligible to undertake a second Major in History, students must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 4.0 in their first year at university.
Students who choose to pursue a Second Major in History are required to complete FIVE (5) core courses (15 AUs) and at least SIX (6) prescribed electives (20 AUs).
Core Courses (15 AUs)
Students must complete the TWO (2) compulsory courses below plus any THREE (3) courses from Option A and Option B.
- HH1001 What is History? (3 AUs)
- HH3001 Historiography: Theory and Methods (3 AUs)
- HH1002 Asia-Pacific in Global History: Pre-1800 (3 AUs)
- HH1003 Asia-Pacific in Global History: From 1800 (3 AUs)
- HH2001 Singapore: The Making of a Cosmopolitan City-State (3 AUs)
- HH1004 Science and Technology in Historical Perspective (3 AUs)
- HH3002 Science, Technology, and Medicine in Modern East Asia (3 AUs)
Of the mandatory SIX (6) prescribed electives, students must choose at least ONE (1) course from THREE (3) of the FOUR (4) categories. TWO (2) of these courses MUST be level HH4000 courses.
The full list of MPE courses can be found here.