FlexiMasters in General Management is offered by Nanyang Business School, Singapore, as part of the FlexiMasters series launched by Nanyang Technological University, Singapore (NTU Singapore).
Our FlexiMasters in Business and Financial Analytics programme aims to equip you with the skills necessary to run modern enterprises. The five-course sequence will focus on key aspects of business strategy, people management, operations, company governance,
cultural intelligence, and business negotiation.
- Provide you with better access to postgraduate-level training so you can personalise your learning pathway and upskill/reskill in a timely fashion.
- Enable you to build on your experience, transit and prepare for a career shift, and become future-ready in an ever-changing employment market.
- Earn credits that you can stack towards a postgraduate degree at Nanyang Business School, Singapore.
1. Our programme consists of five advanced business courses, worth a total of 15 academic units (AUs):
- Five courses, each worth three AUs.
2. Each course comprises:
- An online 9-hour self-paced component
- A 30-hour in-class component, over four weekends, a mix of in-person and online (with considerations for COVID-19 restrictions).
3. Upon graduating, the following qualifications will be awarded:
- FlexiMasters will only be awarded to students attaining 15 AUs for a course with a minimum GPA of 2.5
- Students attaining 9 AUs for a course with a minimum GPA of 2.5 will be eligible for a Graduate Certificate.
- A course can be counted towards the award of both a Graduate Certificate and one FlexiMasters. That is, a course that has been counted towards the AU requirements for a Graduate Certificate can be also counted towards its adjoining FlexiMasters. However, the course cannot be reused to fulfil the AU requirements of a different Graduate Certificate or a FlexiMasters.
- While no pre-requisites are needed to enrol in the course/s, participants with relevant background and/or experience may have a better understanding of their course content.
- Priority will be given to candidates who choose to complete four courses within this specific FlexiMasters programme.
|Business Ethics and Corporate Governance||05 Feb, 12 Feb, 19 Feb, 20 Feb 2022|
|Operations||12 Mar, 19 Mar, 26 Mar, 02 Apr 2022|
|People Management||23 Apr, 30 Apr, 07 May, 14 May 2022|
|Strategic Management||28 May, 04 Jun, 11 Jun, 18 Jun 2022|
|Cultural Intelligence and Business Negotiation||02 Jul, 16 Jul, 23 Jul, 30 Jul 2022|
Venue: Suntec City
- The course duration is 30 weeks, with four Saturday classes per module.
- The programme has been designed for a blend of in-person and online classes.
- Mandatory attendance is required for programme info session. (Details will be provided upon successful admittance into the programme.)
Gain insights into the practice of strategy formulation in their relevant contexts by studying cases of how organizations have deployed their capabilities to achieve strategic outcomes in their lines of business.
The global economy presents many opportunities and challenges for businesses and their leaders.
Managers need to develop a repertoire of people management capabilities to remain effective. This course aims to give you
You will gain insights about your own leadership competencies and will get a chance to further develop many of them, acquiring a systems perspective of your role as a leader in advancing the good in the workplace and society. You will also gain a deeper understanding of organizations’ perspectives on talent management and how firms use strategic human resource processes to ensure the execution of business strategies.
The operations function in an organisation is responsible for the design, control, and improvement of systems concerned with the production and delivery of goods and services. As operations account for a significant portion of the value add and cost in any business, even a small advantage in operations can mean the difference between winning and losing in a competitive marketplace.
In this course, we will demonstrate that operations management can serve two purposes:
To succeed in either of these two endeavours, this course will introduce the fundamental concepts, best practices, and key challenges/issues in managing business operations.
The course will use a mix of case studies, readings, exercises, and lectures to convey the course content. This course is particularly relevant if you are interested in a consulting career or have entrepreneurial inclinations. If you are interested in other business functions such as finance or marketing, you may appreciate the material in this course as it provides a better perspective on the overall workings of a business organisation.
Business Ethics & Corporate Governance
BE&CG provides insights into what it takes to develop and/or strengthen an effective governance structure to enable the organisation to meet increasingly challenging goals aligned with different stakeholders’ sometimes conflicting needs. We will discuss pertinent and topical issues to provoke you to think about what accountability and responsible risk-taking really mean and foster an understanding of incorporating and embedding ethical practices in your strategy.
We will cover ethical leadership, corporate social responsibility (human rights, labour, and the environment); anti-bribery and corruption, and corporate governance.
Cultural Intelligence & Business Negotiation
The global economy presents many opportunities and challenges for businesses and their leaders. Senior executives need to develop a repertoire of strategic leadership capabilities to remain effective and manage stakeholders. One of the most important capabilities needed is cultural intelligence (CQ) – the ability to function effectively across a variety of cultural contexts.
This course will equip you with a working understanding of CQ and, with a three-step process (self-awareness, cultural mapping, and style switching), enable you to work more effectively across cultural boundaries globally and in Asia.
Not many objectives in life can be achieved unilaterally. To get things done, we often need to obtain the agreement and cooperation of other people or organisations. Negotiation is essential not only in a professional or business context but also in social and personal settings. Strong negotiation skills are therefore an important prerequisite for professional and personal success.
You are a good negotiator if you can get what you want from your negotiating counterparts; you are an excellent negotiator if those negotiating counterparts are happy to deal with you again. Good negotiation skills can be innate; excellent negotiation skills require careful thought and attention to the process.
This module is designed to allow you to have a deeper understanding of your own negotiation strengths and weaknesses, to equip you with the tools and framework for analysing and preparing for negotiations, and to help you hone the negotiation skills so crucial for success in leadership roles and dealings with internal as well as external parties.
This module adopts a variety of instructional methods, from lectures, videos, and discussions to experiential learning through role-playing and simulation exercises. The negotiation exercises are drawn from a variety of contexts, and include bilateral and multilateral negotiations. The exercises will cover negotiations for deal-making as well as negotiations for resolving conflicts or disagreements.
FlexiMasters in General Management can be stacked into the Nanyang MBA or the Professional MBA at Nanyang Business School and similarly accredited under the following conditions:
- Up to 15 academic units (AUs) of FlexiMasters can be transferred to Nanyang MBA or the Professional MBA (5 courses equivalent). The 5 courses are as follows:
- Strategic Management
- People Management
- Business Ethics and Corporate Governance
- Cultural Intelligence and Business Negotiation.
- The academic units earned from FlexiMasters are valid for five (5) years for transfer of credits to a relevant/adjoining Master’s by Coursework programme.
- Transfer of credits is by application and the application will be assessed and approved by the Programme Owners.
- The minimum Grade Point eligible for transfer of credits is 2.5. The Programme Owners may recommend a higher Grade Point for transfer of credits.
- Academic units from Graduate Certificate or FlexiMasters programme that are approved for transfer of credits will however not be included in the computation of CGPA for the Master’s by Coursework programme.
- The course must not have been used for exemption/transfer of credits into another programme
Participants have to meet all required admission standards of the selected Master’s programme.
|Course Fees in SGD|
|Fees BEFORE funding & GST||Fees AFTER funding & GST|
|Singapore Citizens (aged 21-39) / PR (aged ≥21)|
|Singapore Citizens (aged ≥40)|
MCES1 - up to 90%
|SME-sponsored Singapore Citizens / PR|
ETSS2 - up to 90%
|NTU Class of 2020/2021+|
Fee payable to NBS after 70% SSG Funding and use of $3,200 Alumni Credits** and NTU Class of 2020/2021 COVID-19 support package
1. Under the SkillsFuture Mid-career Enhanced Subsidy (MCES) scheme. For more information, visit the SkillsFuture website here.
2. Under the Enhanced Training Support for Small & Medium Enterprises (ETSS) scheme. For more information, click here.
Singapore Citizens, aged 25 and above, and self-sponsored, may use their SkillsFuture Credit to defray part of the net course fee. You can submit their SkillsFuture Credit claims by logging into MySkillsFuture.sg. Please click here for “How do I submit a claim for SkillsFuture credit?” and other FAQs.
- You must achieve a minimum of 75% attendance for each module.
- You must complete and pass all assessment components.
You do not need to contact SkillsFuture or SkillsConnect for funding before course registration. NTU will handle the funding paperwork for both self and company-sponsored applicants. You will be invoiced the net amount after funding and GST.
**NTU Alumni Course Credits
All NTU/NIE alumni may utilise their alumni credits of $1,600 to co-pay up to 50% of the nett fee (exclusive of prevailing GST) payable for courses offered by NTU-Continuing Education Training (CET) Units. It is your responsibility to inform us if you wish to utilize alumni credits before the start of the programme. For more info, please click here.
+NTU Class of 2020/2021
- Full fee waiver is only applicable for Singaporeans and PR (full-time undergraduate students).
- Cash payment may be due if participant has used up any free CET course or Alumni course credits prior to enrolling in FlexiMasters.
- There will be no refund of $3,200 Alumni course credits if you withdraw from the programme after successful admission.
1. What is the course schedule and duration of the FlexiMasters programme?
Please look under ‘Course Schedule & Venue’ for the run dates of the classes.
2. Will I be able to pursue more than 1 FlexiMasters programme?
There are no restrictions but it’s advisable to take up 1 FlexiMasters at a time as the schedule might overlap. Eventually, all of the applications will be reviewed by the Selection Committee.
3. I’m only interested in one of the modules in one of the FlexiMasters Programme. Will I be able to pursue that module?
FlexiMasters is a bundled programme. When you apply for a FlexiMasters programme, it will be considered that you’re applying for all the modules.
4. How will the credits earned from the FlexiMasters contribute to a NBS Master’s programme?
FlexiMasters is a stackable programme where credits earned are eligible for credit transfer to a NBS Master’s programme. However, participants are required to meet the admission standards of their selected NBS Master’s programme. For more information about the NBS Master’s Programme, you may visit this link: https://www.ntu.edu.sg/business/admissions/graduate-studies
5. What is the course assessment like?
Course assessment will differ from module to module. This will be determined by the respective teaching faculty. Assessment components will be shared upon successful admittance to the programme. Some of the assessment components may consist of Individual coursework, Group coursework, Quizzes and Class Participation.
6. When will the course outlines be made available?
Course outlines will be shared upon successful admittance to the FlexiMasters programme.
7. Will the cost of a FlexiMasters course be fully waived for students who graduated from the NTU full-time undergraduate class of 2020/2021?
Course fees are fully waived for students who graduated from the NTU full-time undergraduate class of 2020 & 2021 (subject to participants meeting SSG's funding criteria and $3,200 NTU Alumni Course Credits). For NTU Class 2020 & 2021, they will be eligible for FlexiMasters full funding till June 2022. Terms and conditions will apply for full funding.
8. Will the cost of a FlexiMasters course be fully waived for International students who graduated from the NTU full-time undergraduate class of 2020/2021?
As SSG Funding is only applicable to Singaporeans & PR, International students will need to bear 70% of the cost fees. However, they will still be eligible for the $3,200 NTU Alumni Course Credits & Covid 19 Support Package.
9. Can I still use my Alumni Credit? When does my Alumni Credit Expire? Can I check the balance of my Alumni Credit?
Kindly email to PACE regarding queries of your Alumni Credit: PaCE-Marketing@ntu.edu.sg
10. Can I get a rough idea of the difficulty level?
These are advanced graduate Business courses embedded with academic rigour necessary for the academic units in the programme. Due diligence is required to pass the modules in the programme.
11. If I do not pass the course or any of its components, would the funding still hold? Or would it be revoked?
In the event you do not pass a course, you will not be eligible for funding. Hence, you will have to pay for any outstanding fees thereafter.
12. Will there be more details available on the course curriculum, such as the types of software being used and the specific topics covered in each module?
Once you have successfully enrolled into the programme, more information will be given to you regarding the modules.
Find out about the FlexiMasters route, the various subsidies and more here.
- There will be an administrative fee of $2,000 for participants who withdraw from the programme after successful admission.
- Nanyang Executive Education reserves the right to change the date, venue and mode of delivery due to unforeseen circumstances or prevailing government advisory.
- Nanyang Technological University will have the final decision on the mode of delivery for the class (either in-person or online) and students will be notified accordingly.
- There will be no make-up classes for absentees.
- Participants who wish to progress to a Master’s Programme upon attaining a Graduate Certificate or a FlexiMasters must submit a separate application for admission and the criteria for admission to the Master’s Programme would apply.